Apple iMovie Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apple iMovie Question

-gunut-
05-07-2007, 15:52
Hey guys. I have a question for you mac guys. When you make a movie is there a way to export it to a .mov file instead of putting it to DVD? I am trying to edit a movie then put it in a form that I can carry on a jump drive and play on computers. Thanks for the help guys!!

Deanster
05-08-2007, 10:52
Yep - though for reasons that surpass me, it's listed as 'Share...' under the 'File' menu, rather than something reasonable like 'Export' - doubly so since it's under the 'Import' choice...

While Apple makes great stuff, and the 'Share' choice exists all over the iLife programs, in this case, it replaces a very well-known and well-understood option that most users look for - "Export"

Grrr..

-gunut-
05-09-2007, 00:01
Originally posted by Deanster
Yep - though for reasons that surpass me, it's listed as 'Share...' under the 'File' menu, rather than something reasonable like 'Export' - doubly so since it's under the 'Import' choice...

While Apple makes great stuff, and the 'Share' choice exists all over the iLife programs, in this case, it replaces a very well-known and well-understood option that most users look for - "Export"

Grrr..

Awesome! Thank you!