Houston area [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Houston area


Matthew26
05-07-2007, 19:51
In katy and need info on a good place to take CHL course and it must be all inclusive please.

waltherone
05-07-2007, 22:59
Did mine at Top Gun (www.topgunrange.com), was all inclusive (did fingerprinting, filling out of paperwork, photos taken, everything). You leave there with all your stuff 99% filled out, all pics taken, all prints taken. All you need is a stamp.

nuparadigm
05-08-2007, 05:44
This one will be closer to you: Swat Center (http://www.swatcenter.com) ... and their price is much better than Top Gun.

waltherone
05-08-2007, 11:08
Originally posted by nuparadigm
This one will be closer to you: Swat Center (http://www.swatcenter.com) ... and their price is much better than Top Gun.

Hmm, I live in rosenberg and haven't ever found any ranges to shoot at here in town... do those guys have a range at their location?? Per that address on their site, its in a sort of residential area, and not many new buildings have been put up, if any, in that area in years... just curious. Need to go check that out soon I guess?

nuparadigm
05-08-2007, 17:13
Originally posted by waltherone
Hmm, I live in rosenberg and haven't ever found any ranges to shoot at here in town... do those guys have a range at their location?? Per that address on their site, its in a sort of residential area, and not many new buildings have been put up, if any, in that area in years... just curious. Need to go check that out soon I guess?

I live in the Rosenberg area, also. Wayne & Pete (SWAT Center) have a private range of their own.

blboyd
05-31-2007, 08:00
I just stumbled across this thread and saw 2 fellow GTers from Rosenberg.

I spent the first 22years of my life in Rosenberg and now I live up in Conroe. Small World......

Brandon

TexasPOff
05-31-2007, 11:18
I used to work for Rosenberg PD, does that count?:thumbsup:

waltherone
06-02-2007, 12:23
Originally posted by TexasPOff
I used to work for Rosenberg PD, does that count?:thumbsup:

Didja happen to know a cat named c. murphy? Was a good buddy of my dad's that worked for rosenberg IIRC (first name omitted of course)

Small world :)

TexasPOff
06-03-2007, 20:01
I started with Rosenberg right after he left. But I went to Fort Bend County Sheriff's office after the berg, and got to know Murph real well. We work Arcola and fresno together. I haven't talked with him in a while, but I know where he works now I just haven't kept in touch. I work in the Houston area now.