Took my sister to the range today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Took my sister to the range today

isis07734
05-08-2007, 14:24
She has avg sized female hands. Took so much effort to pull dbl action revo triggers (S&W M28 and 642) that she would have missed the target completely. With the Glock 19 she did awesome, now she wants one.

I'd like to get my hands on a Walther P99, i bet she'd do even better with a thinner grip. Anyone know if they have 2nd strike capability?

I think i showed her about the Glock reset a lil prematurly though :). She kept all her rapid fire in a nice group though. She's already looking fwd to the next trip. Yay for girl that like guns! :thumbsup:

SouthernGal
05-09-2007, 13:00
After much arm-twistin' and preachin' I've finally made a gun lover out of STG.

Saevar
05-18-2007, 04:39
P99s in the AS (Anti-Stress) and DAO variants have second strike ability. The AS type is a DA/SA set up. The QA (Quick Action) variant, a partially cocked system, does not.

Walther has a new pistol called the PPS (maybe you already knew, but in case you didn't). It isn't available just yet in the US, but something perhaps to look into if your sister takes up firearms to the point where she carries. Or maybe just for you. Or just for the heck of buying another pistol. Whatever. ;) Anyway, the PPS is similar in look to the P99 and P99c. Its a single stack subcompact 9mm. I'm not sure if they'll make a .40SW version or if they'll offer DAO or AS variants (its a QA trigger style).