Question for those near Wilmington [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question for those near Wilmington

rich52us
05-09-2007, 06:22
I'm going to be in the Richlands/Jacksonville area Memorial Day weekend. I'm missing a good gun show in my area in S. FL. Is the Wilmington gun show at the armory worth going to? Thanks.

rich52us
05-09-2007, 19:39
No one goes to the Wilmington show?

Semper Gumby
05-16-2007, 18:18
Sorry for the slow reply.

I would not waste the $5 cover charge to see the Wilm gun show at the Armory. You can see more guns at the local pawn shops and sporting goods stores.

There is another gun show that is being held at a LEO range in Castle Hayne that is supposed to be really nice.

rich52us
05-16-2007, 18:31
Originally posted by Semper Gumby
Sorry for the slow reply.

I would not waste the $5 cover charge to see the Wilm gun show at the Armory. You can see more guns at the local pawn shops and sporting goods stores.

There is another gun show that is being held at a LEO range in Castle Hayne that is supposed to be really nice.

Thanks for the reply. Is it the same weekend? Where is Castle Hayne?

Glocks&Ducs
05-17-2007, 16:21
I understand that both of the Wilmington and LEO gun shows are not that great. LEO one having a slight edge, but I don't know the schedule. Wilmington does have a couple of shops you can check out, but they aren't very good on prices at all. I would stick to the beaches or whatever else you plan on the holiday. The gun scene really isn't worth it. Not much else in Jacksonville, unless you get really lucky at a pawn shop. Ed's in Newport would be a pretty good spot to hit. They usually have a pretty big selection and the most reasonable prices in most cases bar none. But they are about an hour from Jacksonville heading away from Wilmington.

Another place I just thought of, is Rocky Point auto parts about 20 to 30 minutes or so from Wilmington. He has a gun shop in the back of the auto parts store. He usually has a pretty large selection and decent prices, although they have gone up a bit recently. He will probably be at the gun show in Wilmington if there is one there that weekend.

rich52us
05-17-2007, 18:02
Originally posted by Glocks&Ducs
I understand that both of the Wilmington and LEO gun shows are not that great. LEO one having a slight edge, but I don't know the schedule. Wilmington does have a couple of shops you can check out, but they aren't very good on prices at all. I would stick to the beaches or whatever else you plan on the holiday. The gun scene really isn't worth it. Not much else in Jacksonville, unless you get really lucky at a pawn shop. Ed's in Newport would be a pretty good spot to hit. They usually have a pretty big selection and the most reasonable prices in most cases bar none. But they are about an hour from Jacksonville heading away from Wilmington.

Another place I just thought of, is Rocky Point auto parts about 20 to 30 minutes or so from Wilmington. He has a gun shop in the back of the auto parts store. He usually has a pretty large selection and decent prices, although they have gone up a bit recently. He will probably be at the gun show in Wilmington if there is one there that weekend.

Thanks for the heads up.