Utah questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Utah questions

Dark_IT_Papa
05-09-2007, 15:14
Hello!

I posted here a couple of months ago regarding my upcoming (second) visit to Utah. I can't wait!!

I couple of "issues" though:

1. I must have a new scope for my Savage .308. It's either a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 or Leupold VX-III 3-9. Where would you recommend me to shop? First visit I found Cabelas in Lehi and Sportsmans Warehouse in Provo. Any other suggestions or comments?

2. Does anyone know of any gunshows in the area between 22-30 June?

3. After work I have a couple of days off before I leave, so I've made some reservations at the "Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge". How long does it take to drive there from Provo? Any suggestions which road gives the most scenery?

4. When in Zion. What do you recommend? Zion National Park, Bryce National Park or down to Grand Canyon (Noth rim)?

Any help on these matters is greatly appriciated! :thumbsup:

Sambolijah
05-09-2007, 15:52
1. Try Gunnies in Orem. 400 South State street.

2. Don't know of any.

3. Scenic Route: Provo - I-15 - Spanish Fork/US hwy 6 exit (toward price & Manti) - exit on Highway 89 to Manti, 89 will take you all the way to the motel.
Quicker route: Provo - I-15 - Highway 20 East exit (few miles south of Beaver, couple hours south of Provo) - Highway 20 to Highway 89, south on 89.
It'll take you two or three hours to get there from provo.

4. I won't be much help there. North rim is about 1.5 to 2 hours from there.

Dark_IT_Papa
05-10-2007, 14:50
Thank you for that info!