Music stores in Utah? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Music stores in Utah?

Dark_IT_Papa
05-10-2007, 14:53
One of my colleagues asked me to check if someone here knew about some good music stores in Utah. He's really into buying guitars and always looking for a good deal...

He always tells me: You have your guns - I have my guitars :crazy:

Sambolijah
05-10-2007, 15:10
There are a couple on state street in orem. one is next door to Van Wag's, and the other is a block or two away.

ustate
05-10-2007, 20:54
I've never actually been to it but there is a music store on Center Street in Provo that sells guitars. Its called Great Salt Lake Guitar Company, the address is 362 West Center Street in Provo. Its a couple blocks west of the NuSkin building on the north side of the street.

The one thing I really like about the store though and the reason that I'll buy from them if I ever do buy a guitar....About 4 years ago or so one of my wife's friends bought her husband a guitar for Christmas off of ebay and had saved money for quite awhile to be able to buy one for him and they were both students on a very limited budget. When it came it was a piece of junk and broken, on top of that it was a small guitar for a child. The ebay seller told her tough luck so she went to that store hoping they could do something to salvage it. When they told her there was nothing that could be done to make the guitar useable she broke down crying thinking she wouldn't have anything to give her husband for Christmas. They went over to a guitar took it down and gave it to her, she protested saying she didn't have any money and they insisted she take the guitar for free. So she had a guitar for her husband after all and I always recommend that place to people.

Cokeman
05-10-2007, 23:11
Guitar Center - 5728 S Redwood SLC

Guitar Czar - 2953 East 3300 South SLC

Cokeman
05-10-2007, 23:15
Originally posted by ustate
I've never actually been to it but there is a music store on Center Street in Provo that sells guitars. Its called Great Salt Lake Guitar Company, the address is 362 West Center Street in Provo. Its a couple blocks west of the NuSkin building on the north side of the street.

The one thing I really like about the store though and the reason that I'll buy from them if I ever do buy a guitar....About 4 years ago or so one of my wife's friends bought her husband a guitar for Christmas off of ebay and had saved money for quite awhile to be able to buy one for him and they were both students on a very limited budget. When it came it was a piece of junk and broken, on top of that it was a small guitar for a child. The ebay seller told her tough luck so she went to that store hoping they could do something to salvage it. When they told her there was nothing that could be done to make the guitar useable she broke down crying thinking she wouldn't have anything to give her husband for Christmas. They went over to a guitar took it down and gave it to her, she protested saying she didn't have any money and they insisted she take the guitar for free. So she had a guitar for her husband after all and I always recommend that place to people.

They used to sell PRS, Taylors, Martins, and more high end guitars. I think they only sell acoustics now which are their own brand. I haven't been there for several years.

gsr
05-12-2007, 18:10
Van Wagenen's sells guitars, as well as guns.