A business owner and his Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A business owner and his Glock

G19Wino
05-10-2007, 15:01
Can't seem to locate info about the legality for a retail business owner in IL to take his gun (G19 in my case) to his premises during store hours for defense purposes. Any input on that issue (special permit, storage conditions in the store, liability etc.) will be greatly appreciated.

"Terminate with extreme prejudice"

isp2605
05-10-2007, 17:44
(720 ILCS 5/24‑1) (from Ch. 38, par. 24‑1)
(Text of Section from P.A. 94‑72)
Sec. 24‑1. Unlawful Use of Weapons.
(a) A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he knowingly:
(4) Carries or possesses in any vehicle or concealed
on or about his person except when on his land or in his own abode or fixed place of business any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm,....

Check local ordinances which may be more restrictive.
Transporting the firearm from your residence to business the fiream must be unloaded and in a case.

G19Wino
05-10-2007, 19:11
Thanks isp2605 for the quick response. We are in a VERY small incorporated Village and no local ordinances regulate firearms so I guess I am good. Will check with County LEO just to make sure. My G19 is always unloaded in locked case inside the trunk. There has been several robberies at businesses in our area lately, the last one resulting in one BG shot dead by trooper after pointing a rifle at the police when cornered at a local FS Plant. Not a smart thing to do...His accomplice wasn't that dumb and turned himself in.

isp2605
05-10-2007, 19:13
I'm familar with the incident. BGs don't tend to be very smart. Some learn, some don't. Some learn the hard way.