Can I buy a AR15 rifle in Jersey? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy a AR15 rifle in Jersey?

Glock&Load
05-11-2007, 00:18
What up guys? I was just wondering if Jersey has outlawed us poor law obiding citizens from purchasing an AR15 rifle? I looked up the law but didn't see anything on it. Does anyone know if I could get one or it's not to be?

Russell92
05-13-2007, 15:33
Yes you can. Just about every gun store in NJ I've been in has a good selection of AR-15s.

Glock&Load
05-13-2007, 15:38
Thanks alot pal. I wasn't sure because someone told me that Jersey outlaws tham. I was looking to buy one online and have it shipped to a dealer. Thanks again.

Russell92
05-13-2007, 16:13
Actually I'm not 100% sure on how NJ's assault weapons ban works. The law has a list of specific firearms which are considered "assault weapons" that you can't buy and the "Colt AR-15" is one of the guns listed. However, as I said you can go into any gun store in NJ and buy an AR-15 today. I think the difference might have to do with how most companies making AR-15s no longer call them AR-15s or something like that. I don't know if there are certain features that you can't have so I would check before you order an AR-15 from out of state and make sure it is legal. If you buy one in state you obviously wouldn't have to worry about it because if a store is selling it it must be legal.

To see the list of "assault weapons" in NJ look here: http://www.njguns.com/define.htm

MAUSER88
06-07-2007, 13:28
You can own a AR15 as long as the receiver isn't stamped AR15. Rifle has to be in post ban configuration too. No bayonet lug, no flashhider and no folding or telescoping stock. Same goes for FAL's, AK's and other semi-auto rifles.

karateman
06-08-2007, 08:28
Plus you are limited to magazine capacity.
You do not want to get caught with the 30 rounders.