Orlando Fairgrounds Gunshow [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Fairgrounds Gunshow

5532jwk
05-13-2007, 21:34
The next Orlando Fairgrounds gunshow is scheduled for May 19th and 20th at the Central Florida Fairgrounds. Should draw a large croud as usual.

adhocglock
05-14-2007, 08:26
This will be my first time at the gun show. What's the best strategy for getting good deals? Anything I need to look out for to avoid getting ripped off?

Thanks!

Gmountain
05-14-2007, 10:47
Originally posted by adhocglock
This will be my first time at the gun show. What's the best strategy for getting good deals? Anything I need to look out for to avoid getting ripped off?

Thanks!

You need to go to a show armed with knowledge of exactly what you are looking for and how much it costs. There are not that many deals to be had at gunshows anymore.

some vendors even charge more for items at a gunshow than they do on their websites. There is a guythat goes to the Florida shows and sells NcStar scopes, and night vision, and he charges more at the show than on his site.

You have to do the research before the show.You can haggle, but don't insult the sellers. They've done the same research.

The best thing would be to go, scope out what you want, and then go to a computer, do the research, and then go back to the show.

About all I buy at shows these days are cleaning supplies, some little doodads, or maybe an AR part. Spikes Tactical, from Apopka is decent.

I like to go to shows to see different guns, and sometimes you can find a good deal on a gun or knife, but be careful-there is a lot of Chinese junk, and a lot of hype and marketing. Just because a dealer has a sign on his stack of guns does not make it a good deal.

jv56
05-15-2007, 16:41
I will be there. It is a great show. Best John.

MP1SG
05-16-2007, 17:47
Originally posted by Gmountain
You need to go to a show armed with knowledge of exactly what you are looking for and how much it costs. There are not that many deals to be had at gunshows anymore.

some vendors even charge more for items at a gunshow than they do on their websites. There is a guythat goes to the Florida shows and sells NcStar scopes, and night vision, and he charges more at the show than on his site.

You have to do the research before the show.You can haggle, but don't insult the sellers. They've done the same research.

The best thing would be to go, scope out what you want, and then go to a computer, do the research, and then go back to the show.

About all I buy at shows these days are cleaning supplies, some little doodads, or maybe an AR part. Spikes Tactical, from Apopka is decent.

I like to go to shows to see different guns, and sometimes you can find a good deal on a gun or knife, but be careful-there is a lot of Chinese junk, and a lot of hype and marketing. Just because a dealer has a sign on his stack of guns does not make it a good deal.
Excellent advice.

adhocglock
05-17-2007, 14:05
Thanks for the good advice. It sounds alot like swap meets for car parts: caveat emptor...

Regards,