ARLINGTON-FAIRFAX CHAPTER pistol/rifle range in Manassa [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ARLINGTON-FAIRFAX CHAPTER pistol/rifle range in Manassa

johnydoe
05-14-2007, 15:57
Does anyone go to this range? Is it indoors or outdoors? How is it compared to the NRA HQ range?

vafish
05-14-2007, 19:37
Been there a time or 2 (my wife is laughing I'm there at least twice a week, was there all day Saturday and just got back a few minutes ago )

Arlington Fairfax IWLA has a 100 yard outdoor covered rifle and pistol range. Closest target frames are 25 yards. They do not allow drawing from the holster or rapid fire so it is very different from the NRA range.

New member meeting first Saturday of the month. Annual dues is $145, you have a $75 initiation fee and you have to do 6 hours of volunteer time before you can get your range badge.

They also have 4 trap and skeet fields (members pay $2 per round), an indoor archery range, a target archery range, and a field archery range. There is pond stocked with fish and a small camp ground.

Can't forget to mention the indoor air rifle range and some of the finest junior shooters in the nation.

If you want to come out and visit send me a PM. (can't do it this weekend)

Edited to add,

Just read your message again, you were asking about the IWLA in Manassas? I'm talking about the one in Centerville.

johnydoe
05-15-2007, 16:57
Thanks for the info vafish. I meant Centreville( http://www.arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org). I just started pistol shooting so I don't know if I can hit anything at 25 yds. I'm currently practicing at 5-7 yds at the NRA.

vafish
05-15-2007, 20:13
Originally posted by johnydoe
Thanks for the info vafish. I meant Centreville( http://www.arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org). I just started pistol shooting so I don't know if I can hit anything at 25 yds. I'm currently practicing at 5-7 yds at the NRA.

There also is an IWLA range in Manassas, actually back side of Manassas over by Lake Jackson someplace, but I've never been there.

Anyhow as far as hitting the target at 25 yards, I spent most of the day Saturday on the range instructing at a Women on Target event, many of the women had never fired a gun before in their lives, We got most of the ladies hitting the target regularly at 25 yards. It's not too difficult. We used pretty big targets.