GLOCK Model question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK Model question

Lwolfnky
05-15-2007, 07:00
Please explain to me the ability to shoot different calibers from one gun. I am looking to use my certificate to get a G32. I have been told that with a barrel and mag change I can also shoot .40 S&W as well as 9mm from this platform. Any insight or truth??

Thanks!!

SDGlock23
05-15-2007, 07:12
Yes you can shoot 3 calibers in one pistol. It works with any and all .40 S&W and 357 SIG model Glocks. Say you get a Glock 32, in order to shoot .40 S&W ammo, all you need is a Glock 23 barrel...the same magazine will work with both. If you get a Glock 23, all you need is a Glock 32 barrel.

Now to shoot 9mm, you have to get two things. First, a 9mm Conversion barrel (not just a plain 9mm barrel). I suggest ordering online from Lone Wolf Distributors. Secondly, you'll need a 9mm magazine that fits the gun, like one for the Glock 19 0r Glock 17. That's it!

domzilla9
05-15-2007, 18:12
+1 on what SDGlock23 said.

Conversion from .40 to .357 or vice versa only requires a barrel swap. A .40 or .357 mag will work fine with .357 or .40 ammo, respectively.

Conversion from .40 or .357 to 9mm will require a 9mm conversion barrel and a 9mm magazine. While this change will work for target practice you *might* have reliability issues if you don't also swap out your gun's extractor and ejector for a 9mm extractor and a 9mm ejector. Some types of ammo are more forgiving of an extractor and ejector caliber mismatch while others are highly intolerant. That being said, the .40/.357 extractors and ejectors are different than the 9mm extractors and ejectors.

Doesn't the Ptooma Manual cover this subject?

domzilla9
05-15-2007, 18:14
++1 on a recommendation for the Lone Wolf Distributors aftermarket replacement and conversion barrels. Great quality and a good price. Just make sure you get recent stock direct from LWD - some of the ebay resellers have the older LWD barrels which are not cut as nicely as the new ones.

Lwolfnky
05-16-2007, 07:20
Thanks for all of the info. Yes, the PTOOMA does cover this. I just happened to be at work and filling out the certificate. The book was at home.

Thanks again from everyone.