Woo hoo! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo!

minuteman32
05-15-2007, 18:20
Proud new owner of an unfired in the box G30! Now I have to get all new holsters, mag pouches, mags, etc. :banana: :broccoli: :cheerleader: :dancing: :dancingbanana: :elephant: :pepper: :rollsmiley: :rock: :snoopy: :wave: :woohoo: :kilt: :devildance:

cougar_guy04
05-15-2007, 19:01
Congrats!

<-- Hopes to be posting one of these threads in July/August when he gets his G19!

sjstill
05-15-2007, 20:01
Hmmm, nice find. What kind, gracious, multi-talented, humble guy sold it to you??? :animlol: :rofl:

Pitmaster
05-15-2007, 20:50
Originally posted by minuteman32
Proud new owner of an unfired in the box G30! Now I have to get all new holsters, mag pouches, mags, etc. :banana: :broccoli: :cheerleader: :dancing: :dancingbanana: :elephant: :pepper: :rollsmiley: :rock: :snoopy: :wave: :woohoo: :kilt: :devildance:

Congratulations!!! Me too!!!! Mine came with 5 extra mags. I need boxes of ammo!

R. Emmelman
05-16-2007, 05:22
What we really want to know is how much it cost you? No, not in $$$ but is wife payment. Flowers? Dinner? A trip to Hawaii? We gotts ta know.

minuteman32
05-16-2007, 08:52
Some tall red hed sold it to me, while being serenaded by another fellow!:supergrin:

Well, the cost, don't know yet! I traded a G23 & some cash, er charge.. for it. I maybe didn't get an outstanding deal, but as far as trading @ a dealer, I didn't do too bad. Besides, I try to support my local dealers when I can. They have to eat, too, & Plainfield Shooting Supplies has excellent prices, especially on their used stuff.

epsylum
05-16-2007, 14:07
Welcome to the Glock 30 club. Is it railed or not? It makes a difference on the holsters as I found out the hard way.

Now you need at least one 9 round magazine (easier to conceal) at least a few Scherer pinky extensions for the 10 rounders. Oh and some Glock 21 13 rounders wouldn't hurt. ;)

biggl35
05-16-2007, 15:41
Great little guns, arent they :thumbsup: .

I bought a C-Tac Infidel holster and a C-Tac dual mag carrier for my G30, I am very happy with both products.

Actually, now that I think about it, I showed you my C-tac rig at our prayer meeting Dan... Ooops, I meant minuteman32.

Pics:http://www.hunt101.com/img/493644.jpg

minuteman32
05-16-2007, 17:14
Originally posted by epsylum
Welcome to the Glock 30 club. Is it railed or not? It makes a difference on the holsters as I found out the hard way.

Now you need at least one 9 round magazine (easier to conceal) at least a few Scherer pinky extensions for the 10 rounders. Oh and some Glock 21 13 rounders wouldn't hurt. ;)

That is pretty much my thinking, too. I shot it tonight & found that it pinches my pinky between the bottom of the mag & the mag well! I also think there might be something minimally wrong w/ one of the mags. It doesn't look right when I have 10 rounds in it & it is VERY difficult to get that 10th round in. The round also seems to sit too far toward the rear in the mag, as well, causing it to drag as the mag is being inserted in the gun. I may have Nick take a look @ it next week.

minuteman32
05-16-2007, 17:17
Originally posted by biggl35
Great little guns, arent they :thumbsup: .

I bought a C-Tac Infidel holster and a C-Tac dual mag carrier for my G30, I am very happy with both products.

Actually, now that I think about it, I showed you my C-tac rig at our prayer meeting Dan... Ooops, I meant minuteman32.

Pics:http://www.hunt101.com/img/493644.jpg

DOOOH! I've bee outed!

I remember seeing it then & I think I was @ the shop when you got your 30, too. I will probably do the same thing, although, I'm used to the thickness of the 9mm Glocks! I'm not sure there is enough room in my waistband for a 30, w/ my seemingly ever expanding waistline!

tlish
05-16-2007, 18:44
congrats! i just bought my husband the g30 for our anniversary, and he's loving it! he's even carrying it in place of his kimber! i've converted him!

epsylum
05-16-2007, 18:48
Originally posted by tlish
congrats! i just bought my husband the g30 for our anniversary, and he's loving it! he's even carrying it in place of his kimber! i've converted him!

dang plastic mattel guns. Why did they have to make them so light and easy to carry?

:supergrin:

sjstill
05-16-2007, 19:53
The 10th round is always a booger to get in. Leave the mag loaded w/9 for a week or so, then #10 should go in easier.

I've noticed that too far toward the rear, too. Seems to be a common trait with the 30's.

Originally posted by minuteman32
That is pretty much my thinking, too. I shot it tonight & found that it pinches my pinky between the bottom of the mag & the mag well! I also think there might be something minimally wrong w/ one of the mags. It doesn't look right when I have 10 rounds in it & it is VERY difficult to get that 10th round in. The round also seems to sit too far toward the rear in the mag, as well, causing it to drag as the mag is being inserted in the gun. I may have Nick take a look @ it next week.

rhino465
05-17-2007, 01:14
Guns are good.

I like them.

minuteman32
05-17-2007, 08:42
Originally posted by sjstill
The 10th round is always a booger to get in. Leave the mag loaded w/9 for a week or so, then #10 should go in easier.

I've noticed that too far toward the rear, too. Seems to be a common trait with the 30's.

I disassembled the mags & discovered that they have different followers & springs. I figure if I switch them out I should be fine. I may bring it by the shop & have you or Nick check it out, soon.

Ignition
05-17-2007, 13:45
i love my c-tac holster for the g-30

epsylum
05-17-2007, 15:48
Originally posted by Ignition
i love my c-tac holster for the g-30

A big +1 to that.

I know for a fact that Minuteman knows the benefits of the CTAC as well. ;)

minuteman32
05-18-2007, 09:03
Originally posted by epsylum
A big +1 to that.

I know for a fact that Minuteman knows the benefits of the CTAC as well. ;)

Definitely! I have 2 so far & will probably be getting another one (or 2) for the G30, as well. I'll prbably have to go w/ a Fobus 1st b/c of cost, plus I need to get some mags, as well.

Arrggg! I'm sitting in a school wishing I could go shooting right NOW! (no, mr govt. agents, I don't mean go shooting @ this instant, in the school! I mean I wish I were on the range! Don't want the ghestapo to get their panties in a bunch!):supergrin:

Skpotamus
05-24-2007, 22:49
I would advise against the scherer mag extensions, go with the pearce instead, or just stick with the glock 10 rounders.

I've had three scherer extensions, none of them would allow the slide to lock open on the last shot without extra pressure on the bottom of the mag, and they all eventually broke, sending my mag springs and remaining rounds all over the ground.

The Pearce have lasted for several years now, and show no signs of breaking. The glock factory ones also seem to hold up just fine.

Check your followers on your 10 rounders, some of them are a little large, and can be trimmed down a bit to make your 10th round fit.

The CTAC is the way to go IMHO. :O)

Enjoy your new baby.

epsylum
05-25-2007, 08:27
Originally posted by Skpotamus
I would advise against the scherer mag extensions, go with the pearce instead, or just stick with the glock 10 rounders.

I've had three scherer extensions, none of them would allow the slide to lock open on the last shot without extra pressure on the bottom of the mag, and they all eventually broke, sending my mag springs and remaining rounds all over the ground.

The Pearce have lasted for several years now, and show no signs of breaking. The glock factory ones also seem to hold up just fine.

Check your followers on your 10 rounders, some of them are a little large, and can be trimmed down a bit to make your 10th round fit.

The CTAC is the way to go IMHO. :O)

Enjoy your new baby.

I purposely went with Scherer, because a Pearce baseplate broke my brother's mag (sending his follower flying into some tall grass in a field, never to be found again). I have the same kind of Pearce baseplate on another mag of mine and it did nothing but turn it into an unrealiable POS (it will not feed at all).

I am not doubting your experience (just as my experience with Pearce has been the opposite of yours, yours with Scherer is the opposite of mine), but all I am saying is that in my experience, when you go with anything aftermarket things tend to not work the way they should. Luckily my Scherer baseplates have worked great. They lock open the slide and feed just fine. I have tested them quite a bit and have confidence in them. I do carry the factory 9 round mag more often as it prints less however. I have 4 Glock 30 10 round mags. 2 are completely stock and 2 have the Scherer bases. Even if those two fall apart in my hands, I have 2 stock ones to fall back on.