Age of members? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Age of members?

MikeG22
05-15-2007, 20:10
How old is average for your lodge? How many younger people are involved? Let's say we define younger as 20's.

05-16-2007, 21:27
I am probobly one of the youngest actice members in my lodge at 29 years old.

We have a few (1 or 2) that are college age that never attended a meeting besides their degrees.

I too would be curious to see what the average ages are.

I'm sure that they are pretty high.

ede
05-18-2007, 19:08
i can't remember the exact number but it's went downward. i suspect because of the 1 day classes. i'm thinking the average age of a member in my state is now around 63. i know my lodge has picked up a lot of young men as new members. i'd guess for my lodge the average age of the officers is 35 or so. i sat in the east at 47.

jrr6602
05-19-2007, 05:39
I belong to all the Masonic Bodies in Texas except the Eastern Star. For the most part, the membership is probably in the age group of late 60s or early 70s. There is not much interest in joining Masonry by younger men. They have other commentments to work and family. As the memberships depleats due to deaths, there are no younger members to take their place. I joined in my mid 20s and have been a Mason for almost 33 years. I was a DeMolay as a teenager and my father was a Mason.

JayPap
05-19-2007, 12:43
I don't know the average age in my Lodge but I know it has come down a lot in recent years.

We have many new younger members and our officers average age is forty five years old.

Our lodge has a 104 year old member and a couple eighteen year olds.

Since they lowered the age requirement we have brought in five guys under twenty one.

We have a twenty eight year old past master.

Fernman
05-19-2007, 13:26
We have begun to pickup younger members, our average being around 45, running the gamut from 21 to 90+

There has been a growing interest among younger men these days, so I hope it is enough to keep the craft strong for generations to come.

MikeG22
05-20-2007, 22:00
Thanks for the replies. Both my grandfathers were Masons but I was never old enough to know/ask them about it before they died. I've always wondered about it, but it seemed like everyone would be that older age and fitting in when younger may not happen. I'm 26 now though so I'm getting closer, heh.