Elliot's going under again! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Elliot's going under again!

jurisglock
05-16-2007, 11:51
Three arrested in raid on Jefferson gun store (http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/05/east_jefferson_bureau_federal.html)
Posted by The Times-Picayune May 16, 2007 10:45AM
Categories: Breaking News

By Michelle Hunter
East Jefferson bureau

Federal agents this morning raided Elliot's Small Arms in Old Jefferson, one of the busiest gun dealers in Louisiana, confiscating all its firearms, ammunition and business records and seizing the property.

"This store will never operate again," said Robert Browning, assistant special agent in charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Louisiana.

The store owner, Hermann Eicke, 65, was arrested at his home in Kenner, authorities said. Two employees, Timothy Harris Sr., 54, and Rebecca Zitzman, 42, were arrested out of state.

Authorities said the raid marked the culmination of a 15-month investigation by ATF and the Secret Service. The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office also was on the scene of the store at 3008 Jefferson Highway at Causeway Boulevard.

The charges against the store workers involve a mix of firearms violations and identify theft related to police purchases of guns.

Police officers receive a manufacturer's discount when buying guns. Yet the store was not only getting manufacturer discounts to sell to police but also using the police customer credentials to buy extra firearms at wholesale for its regular stock, then selling those guns at regular prices to the general public, federal authorities said.

Zitzman was booked with filing false federal arms records. Eicke and Harris were booked with aggravated identity theft and misuse of law enforcement credentials.

Michelle Hunter can be reached at mhunter@timespicayune.com or (504) 883-7054.

LA_357SIG
05-16-2007, 21:34
This is going to be good for Jefferson Gun Outlet. Unfortunately, they are going to now be overcrowded, understaffed and out of stock.

JadeRaven
05-16-2007, 22:45
Someone should get some entrepreneurial spirit and open up a new place. :D

I wonder what kind of money a little shop would bring in.

quichedem
06-04-2007, 17:45
That joint was pretty shady.
Anyways, opening a new gun store can't be easy. Especially one with good stock. It took Shooter's club a hella long time to open up that range, so I can imagine the hoops you have to run through.
I passed by that place the second day of raiding. It looked like a flea market with all the ATF and LE people around. I honestly thought there was a sale or something. Oh well-it's just less jerks out there giving responsible people a bad name.

mrwiggins
06-11-2007, 16:34
i opened a thread about it. it'll take me a few years though