View Full Version : Baked Spaghetti
Anyone got any good recipes for baked spaghetti?
Used to get it at Fazoli's and have been craving it lately (dunno why), and I'd like to learn to make it at home.
Baked Spaghetti with Broccoli
Ease of Preparation: Easy. Prep Time : 15 minutes Eating Time: 35 minutes
* 1 tsp Olive Oil
* 1 x Onion
* 1 x Green Pepper
* 8 x Mushrooms
* Mrs.Dash Italian Seasoning
* 1 tsp Curry Powder
* 1 tsp Red Crushed Chilies (Optional)
* 3/4 lb. Veggie-Grind (350 gms)
* 2 cans of Hunts Pasta Sauce (24 oz / 680 ml each) or your favorite brand
* 1/4 cup Red Wine (Can be non alcoholic)
* 3/4 lb. (350 gms) Spaghetti Pasta
* 1/2 cup Sauce
* 1/3 cup Cooked Noodles
* Remaining Sauce
* of a 16 oz / 500 ml Tub Ricotta Cheese
* 1 1/2 cups Italiano Cheese Blend, shredded
* Remaining Italiano Cheese, shredded
* 1 lb. (450 gms) Broccoli Florets
* 1 tsp Mrs.Dash Table Blend
* 1 tsp Butter or Margarine
1. Take out equipment and ingredients. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Fill a large stove-top pot with water and bring to a boil on high heat.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan at med-high.
4. Finely chop onion adding to pan as you cut.
5. Cook until caramelized.
6. Finely chop green pepper and add to pan.
7. Slice mushrooms and add to pan.
8. Add spices then stir in veggie-grind. When green pepper is tender add sauce to pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
9. Stir in red wine.
10. Meanwhile: Place pasta to boiling water. Set timer for 5 minutes. When pasta is ready rinse in colander, return to pot, toss with olive oil and let stand.
11. Layer the following ingredients into a large cake or lasagna pan in this order; 1/2 cup sauce, 1/3 noodles, 1/3 sauce, 1/3 ricotta cheese, 1/3 Italiano cheese. Repeat two more times, but leave last layer of Italiano cheese off.
12. Bake uncovered in preheated oven. Set timer for 25 minutes.
14. When timer rings for spaghetti, turn oven to broil and sprinkle on last layer of cheese.
15. Broil watching carefully. When cheese is brown and bubbling, let rest on counter for 5 minutes before serving.
1. Rinse broccoli in colander and place in a microwave-safe pot with lid. Microwave at high for 4 minutes.
2. Add spice and butter if you must.
3. Set the table 'cause dinner is ready!!!
Chef Dad's Baked Spaghetti
24 oz. Jar of Marinara pasta sauce (your favorite)
1 ½ lbs. Ground Beef
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
12 oz. Cooked spaghetti (3/4 box)
8 oz. Mild cheddar cheese (fresh shredded)
8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese (fresh shredded)
Salt & Pepper
1) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Get a large pot of salted water over high heat.
2) After shredding your cheeses, combine them and set aside.
3) In a large pan over medium high heat, add olive oil then fry ground beef with a few heavy pinches of salt & pepper until fully cooked. Drain and combine with pasta sauce in a large bowl. Mix together and set aside covered.
4) Boil pasta per package instructions, then drain. Have all your ingredients ready when the pasta is done so your assembly can move quickly. You don't want your pasta to sit and get clumpy.
5) For assembly, first cover bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish with 1 cup of the sauce & meat mix. Next, lay ½ of your cooked spaghetti over sauce, then a little less than ½ of both cheeses. Now layer ½ of your remaining sauce-meat mix, then remaining spaghetti, rest of sauce & finally the rest of your cheese.
6) Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
1) For a vegetarian version, substitute the meat for sautéed vegetables of your choice like mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, etc.
2) Your meat mix could include Italian sausage, but don't exceed 1 ½ lbs. of total meat.
3) Other sauces besides marinara could be used such as vodka, puttanesca, Alfredo, etc.
4) For an even moister dish, use an extra ½ bottle of sauce.
23233 N. Pima Rd. Suite 113
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Looks very good, thx for doing the finger work for me.
Just put together some decent sauce and boil Spaghetti in lightly salted water till 'almost done'...
Then combine everything in the sauce pot and mix in some herbs, red pepper flakes,
pepperoni slices, garlic slivers, sliced onion, cubes of fresh Mozzarella, and a little red wine...
Pour everything into an oiled baking dish and top with shredded Asiago and regular Mozzarella...
Bake for a half hour at 350 then 'broil' till the top is crusty...
Drizzle Extra Virgin oil at the table...
Lots of good bread and butter!
BTW, I prefer funner/bigger pasta shapes like Wagon Wheels or Barilla's Gemelli for this...
My baked spaghetti is much more simple then the ones listed, but then, I like bottled spaghetti sauce too.
Two days before:
Make spaghetti for a meal. Make double to have left overs.
(when I make spaghetti, I brown hamburg and onions and mushrooms on the stove just as they are done I add some garlic for about two minutes of cooking, add a can of diced tomatoes and a jar of speghetti sauce and either put it in the slow cooker for the day, or simmer on the stove while I go do something else for an hour or so. Then cook the pasta. Before serving, I add ground pepper, taste for salt and slightly undersalt it. Then I put parmesan cheese on the table. (The cheese is salty so that is why I under salt.)
When dinner is over, I combine the rest of the pasta and the sauce well and store in an oven proof container in the fridge.
When I get home the day I would eat baked spaghetti, I cover the top with a layer of parmeson cheese then mozerella cheese and drizzel some olive oil over some bread crumbs and sprinkle them over the top. I add a bit more olive oil on the top but not much. I make uncovered for 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.