Bloomberg Gun Give Away [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Gun Give Away

vafish
05-17-2007, 19:43
So who was there?

I showed up about 7:40, place was packed, I did get a space outside one of the windows and could kind of stick my head in to listen.

I was 20 numbers too high to win the rifle. A couple minutes earlier and it could have been mine. :supergrin:

longwatch2k1
05-17-2007, 23:36
I was stuck outside too, but no matter it was a great event anyhow.

vafish
05-18-2007, 06:16
Yeah,

Someone needs to teach the Washington Post how to count. This mornings paper reported that there were about 30 people open carrying.

AP got it right, they said the crowd was about 200 people, most openly carrying firearms.

SelfDefender207
05-18-2007, 06:42
I was there, I got in about 7:15 so I had a spot in the main room. I had a hard time hearing even in the back of the room. I made air on the CH 4 news as the second winner walked into the room. How about the message to Bloomberg the first winner gave? I don't think I would have done it but it is the way I feel.

mouser
05-18-2007, 07:35
I must have arrived at 7:16, then, because there was no space left inside!

I'm more than a little annoyed by the coverage I've seen...
Lots of prominence given to the 20-30 antis, and little attention paid to the whole point of the giveaway - ie, what Bloomberg and his minions did was illegal.

alien-Glocker
05-18-2007, 09:35
I arrived about 7:15 and they had already closed the meeting room. I was one of the attendees sticking their head through the window right behind Mr. Moates.

The "Bloomberg Cake" and other scenes made CNN and perhaps other national news shows this morning.

The local ABC-7 11:00PM news last night had a clip talking with the guy (pro gun) while holding and feeding his infant.

vafish
05-18-2007, 12:17
Originally posted by alien-Glocker
I arrived about 7:15 and they had already closed the meeting room. I was one of the attendees sticking their head through the window right behind Mr. Moates.

The "Bloomberg Cake" and other scenes made CNN and perhaps other national news shows this morning.

The local ABC-7 11:00PM news last night had a clip talking with the guy (pro gun) while holding and feeding his infant.

I was hanging in the window to your left. The guy with the baby was back behind me. I talked with him a while after the drawing was over.

alien-Glocker
05-18-2007, 12:42
The guy with the baby was back behind me. I talked with him a while after the drawing was over.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-05-17-bloomberg-gun-giveaway_N.htm