Nissan Frontier [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Frontier

Superfueler
05-18-2007, 08:42
Anyone own a Nissan Frontier? What do you think of it?

Slacker
05-18-2007, 20:31
I've got at 98 4X4. Not a bad truck. It is a bit underpowered with the 4 cyl. I am having a bit of trouble out of the EGR system. From what I hear this is a common problem with my model. I would recommend an SE with a V6. Head over to: http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/ and read up on them.

slumpmaster
05-19-2007, 13:36
I have an 06 SE crew cab 4x4. Love it. I have 20000 miles on it so far, and zero complaints (except my daughter took the crayolas to the backseat:sad: ). Runs good, powerful, very comfortable. Was less luxurious than the Tacoma, but I didn't want a bunch of leather and froo-froo crap in my truck. I need cupholders, good cloth upholstery, a CD player, and a reliable chassis. That's exactly what I got with the Nissan, without having to pay an extra 6 grand for stuff I didn't want, which I would have had to do with a Toyota.

Gas mileage is around 15, which is poor, but partly due to me living at high altitude, and there not being that all of the roads here are very hilly. Plus, I have a lead foot. I have yet to take it offroad, as I don't have that kind of time these days (can barely find time to get to the range). I don't know how well it handles in the sticks, but prior experience with Nissan 4x4s tell me it should do just fine.

Hope this helps.

Superfueler
05-19-2007, 14:31
Cool, thanks for the info

painkiller
05-23-2007, 23:32
i rented the the same 06 frontier twice lasst year/once at 2000 miles,and the second at about 11000.both time i put about 2000 miles on it.mine was a crew cab se 2wd.i was very impressed with it.ballsy as hell for a mid size.fuel economy sucked but i had too much fun cruising at 70 and just punching it to 110!and it did so quickly.handled well in snow and rain and had no problems at all with it.i considered buying one recently,but picked up my dad 97 s10 instead.for only a couple grand,it'll keep me out of debt and keep money around-well preumably!there great,go test drive one.much cheaper than a tacoma and more torque and horsepower to boot!