Recreation Parks for the family in your area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recreation Parks for the family in your area?

mossy500camo
05-20-2007, 13:09
I recently visited a nice little park in Auburn AL yesterday (Sat) Timber Creek Park. This place had a very nice walking, biking trail, with a fish pond (turtles paradise) and lots of small streams and bridges to cross. I was just curious what kind of parks and recreation does you hometown and surrounding area have. Feel free to post pics. Mossy

ps
Single guys! You wouldnt believe the ladies that visit this place.:supergrin:

kaferhaus
05-20-2007, 17:01
Gulf shores state park is great.

There's also a small RV park on Dauphin Island.... most laid back spot in Alabama.

mossy500camo
05-21-2007, 10:20
Originally posted by kaferhaus
Gulf shores state park is great.

There's also a small RV park on Dauphin Island.... most laid back spot in Alabama.

Yup!! I had an old friend that use to go there every year. It seemed like that he and his wife chose the worst time of the year to visit. (Sept when Hurricanes are in full bloom) All of us at work thought that was funny. We all would check out TWC for hurricane reports.

firestud2829
05-27-2007, 15:42
I really don't know of any recreation parks to speak of around here, but I do practically live on Logan Martin...one of the best Large mouth lakes in the world.

lwt210
06-08-2007, 16:21
We got this little Madison county nature trail on top of Green Mountain that has a nice walking trail with some nice hills.

It has a covered walking bridge, old cabin, spring house, and whiskey still along the way.

Kids under 16 can fish there for a buck fifty and those 60 and up can also.

I took my son there twice this week. Yesterday, mamma came along with us and we walked the trail first and then caught two catfish, a largemouth bass, and several bluegills.

Catch and release fishing. Best of times.

FM12
06-28-2007, 20:25
Guntersville Lake, especially Lake Guntersville State Park, on Alabama 227. Excellent location!! Lots of watersports and a championship golf course! 75,000 acres of lake & river.

Reyn
06-28-2007, 20:54
Sipsey river in Bankhead forrest is pretty nice.