WD My Book External HD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WD My Book External HD


Generalcarry
05-20-2007, 14:50
I'm looking at this Western Digital 500GB for $140 NIB. Going to get it tomorrow unless someone knows if there are major problems with it. The 250GB is $80 after a $40 rebate.

IndyGunFreak
05-20-2007, 17:25
That's a pretty good deal, but where did you get it? I personally have no problem with WD drives, but Seagate is good to.

IGF

Generalcarry
05-21-2007, 02:25
Opppps, didn't mention they're on sale at Circuit City. The sale started yesterday (the 20th) and it's an in store as opposed to a mail in rebate for the 500GB only. The 250 has a $40 mail in rebate.

aaronrkelly
05-21-2007, 02:46
I have the 250GB version, never had a problem with it.

I use it to hold my music collection, works great.

I use an empty GI ammo can lined in foam to carry it around in, makes it handy to grab and keeps it from getting the crap beat out of it.

If your real good at cutting foam you can make it look professional.

Generalcarry
05-21-2007, 04:46
Good idea, Thanks.

Furant
05-21-2007, 07:00
Great idea! I have the 320GB version. Love it.

goatranch
05-21-2007, 07:25
Tiger Direct has a 320G Iomega for $80 something after rebate. I was thinking about one of those myself.

IndyGunFreak
05-21-2007, 14:45
Originally posted by goatranch
Tiger Direct has a 320G Iomega for $80 something after rebate. I was thinking about one of those myself.

Might be better off looking elsewhere if that rebate is what makes the deal for you. You need not be a master of Google to find complaints about Tiger putting customers in rebate hell.... Now granted, I've read here in the last 4-6mo on their website, they've taken efforts to improve, but I don't generally count on their rebates.

IGF

havensal
05-22-2007, 10:21
Buy.com has a bunch. I have had good luck with them. I have a WD external. Works great.

http://www.buy.com/cat/usb_hard_drives/16076.html

http://www.buy.com/retail/specialty_store_6.asp?loc=62329&adid=17653&dcaid=17653


:)

Generalcarry
05-22-2007, 11:47
Well I got it from CC. Forgot how easy it is to go into a store and come home with something. There was no mail in rebate.

goatranch
05-22-2007, 12:23
Originally posted by IndyGunFreak
Might be better off looking elsewhere if that rebate is what makes the deal for you. You need not be a master of Google to find complaints about Tiger putting customers in rebate hell.... Now granted, I've read here in the last 4-6mo on their website, they've taken efforts to improve, but I don't generally count on their rebates.

IGF

Thnaks for the heads up. I have not ordered from Tiger before.

IndyGunFreak
05-22-2007, 15:05
Originally posted by goatranch
Thnaks for the heads up. I have not ordered from Tiger before.

Don't take this as a slam on TD, I love TigerDirect, and 90% of the time when I want to purchase something, its the first place I go. Fast shipping, good prices, good customer service if you do have a problem(I've had 1 problem in about 5-6yrs and a lot of orders)... However, I don't count on their rebates.

IGF

cybertek
05-23-2007, 11:27
I have two of them and they work great!

Hokie
05-23-2007, 17:12
I have one that I picked up on black Friday last year. Have not had any problems with it