May 22 - City County Vote [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : May 22 - City County Vote

bill123
05-20-2007, 18:30
Just a reminder.

luxone
05-21-2007, 17:46
It is at 5:30PM, May 22 in the Public Assembly Room. PLEASE attend! We need as many people as possible at the meeting in opposition to Proposal 174. I have heard that they are planning on carting in some people in support of this proposal so it is imperative that we have an even stronger showing than last time. Please show if you can even if you don't reside in Marion County. Just like the smoking ban, if this passes in Marion County it will be making it's way to a county near you soon!

Inverness11
05-21-2007, 19:59
I will definitely be there. I don't get up to Indy much, could someone give me directions/mapquest to the City-County building? Thanks.

rhino465
05-22-2007, 07:00
I can't make it tonight, but I sent a notice to my WVPPS e-mail list and requested that a similar notice be sent to the AtlantaCC e-mail list.

minuteman32
05-22-2007, 07:44
Originally posted by Inverness11
I will definitely be there. I don't get up to Indy much, could someone give me directions/mapquest to the City-County building? Thanks.

Here is a mapquest link to 200 E. Washington, Indy.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=200+E.+Washington+St.&city=Indianapolis&state=in&zipcode=

See y'all there!

R. Emmelman
05-22-2007, 08:21
Just remember the CCB is a gun free victim zone. Also goes for knives, nail clippers, sewing needles, and long finger nails. Be prepared to remove your belt!

Inverness11
05-22-2007, 09:43
Originally posted by minuteman32
Here is a mapquest link to 200 E. Washington, Indy.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=200+E.+Washington+St.&city=Indianapolis&state=in&zipcode=

See y'all there!

Thanks. Now I'll be there on time! :banana:

txgho1911
05-22-2007, 20:02
I was there. I declined to speak as I followed some very well spoken gentlemen who said all I could but much better. Scott (committee member) voiced the question again as to raise hands in opposition to this prop. Everyone ! Also a call for hands in support. Zero Zip Nada !
Nobody showed. The girl didn't show. The old man didn't show. The townspeople didn't show. NOBODY SHOWED!

Mansfield got spanked again. Borst called to strike and it tied.
I understand it now goes to the full council without recommendation.

As mentioned before there are no numbers to show need for this.
The DNR CLEO spoke to the affect of no incidents in Marion Co in the last 10 years. Also gave numbers of deer harvested as well as a number of car/deer accidents. Concern for a deer herd impact in Marion co was also spoken of. All of this and within the 2 minutes allotted to everyone who spoke.

I think a revision to the states pre-emption could fix some of this.

Inverness11
05-22-2007, 20:46
Originally posted by txgho1911

I understand it now goes to the full council without recommendation.

By without recommendation you mean the recommendation to vote against it, right?

There were some very good speakers, it did my heart good.

txgho1911
05-23-2007, 05:02
Not sure of that.
I heard on the radio news this morning that it goes to the full council with a recomendation of against passing this.
With 2 public meetings on it without one supporting individual should tell the full council this is junk.

We also had 3 non voting members of the council show up that could speak but without voting privleges as they are not committee members. All three where against the measure.

I do not think it is possible the left side of the committee will reanimate in the full council over this without raising some eyebrows. All they ever did at the hearing was say nay or raise a hand.

minuteman32
05-23-2007, 09:14
I was there & did speak against this and when they didn't vote to strike this, I was fit to be tied!! The more I thought about it, the more I actually was thinking that this could work in our favor if it DID pass & become law. What I mean is, perhaps when the Elmer Fudds, & the other folks that typically won't do anything until someone pee's in their pond, figure out that this WILL effect them, they will push for a state preemtion law that has some teeth! That way, this could eventually actually benefit all of us even more.
But what do I know? I'm just a lowly subject .... er ... citizen!

luxone
05-23-2007, 09:39
The commitees vote was to reccommend that the full council not pass this proposal. I believe this proposal will not pass the full council. Like it our not Rozelle Boyd carries a lot of weight on the council and with him voting against this I believe that will make a difference with other Democrats when this reaches full council. I hope i'm right!

What I mean is, perhaps when the Elmer Fudds, & the other folks that typically won't do anything

Minuteman,
These people make me sick as well! Sadly many of the members on this very forum will not make the time to truly fight this type of crap!

dwh79
05-23-2007, 20:31
Sorry I couldn't make it last night. I went to the first meeting and was planning to attend but I had to travel at the last minute to another great failure of strict gun laws Cook County Illinois. I was in the very rough looking east chicago and with out a legal means to protect myself. National carry needs passed.