After Iraq, Texas! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : After Iraq, Texas!

RENEA
05-21-2007, 11:39
Hi guys,
I'm currently in Iraq and when I'm not working I'm "shopping" online for a home in the great state of Texas. I lived in Austin for a few years when in the military and was wondering if y'all could give me some pointers. As it stands I'm looking at buying in either:

San Saba

Buda

Round Rock

Cedar Park

Anyone have any pointers? My budget is around $275K or a little less.

Thanks for any tips and pointers. :)

TattooedGlock
05-21-2007, 14:54
I'm here in San Antonio and love it. Anything between here and Austin is nice depending on what you like. Buda is cool; especially the nice big Cabelas store there. I've been thinking about moving to New Braunfels. Keep your head down and stay safe. Look me up when you get back and we can head to the range (if you've got any desire to go shooting after a trip to the desert!).

RENEA
05-21-2007, 23:47
Thanks! I'll PM you when I get set up in TX. I'm looking at making a new handgun purchase in TX- probably a USP C 9mm, P3000 or Nighthawk Tactical Vickers model. Probably all of them. :)

Glenn E. Meyer
05-22-2007, 08:50
Well, if you want to be closer to the IDPA, IPSC and Steel events that occur monthly - you want to be on the Buda side of Austin as compared to Round Rock or Cedar Park.

In San Antonio, you can get a great house for that price - in fact, save some money and buy more guns.

Check out the www.krtraining.com shooting FAQ for location of events.

The traffic through Austin to the north side of town is horrible.

nate527
05-22-2007, 21:49
My .02. Stay south of Austin. Seems to me more central to all activities in that part of the state. Just spent a night in Austin recently and I swear there is a homeless person on every corner. It was kind of annoying. Also stayed in S.A. during that trip for a memorial service. Bulverde is nice and the area between Bulverde and S.A. on 281 is booming. Watch your back and thank you for your service.

RENEA
05-23-2007, 10:51
Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to move near Buda but I'd go broke buying guns at Cabellas there. :)

Thanks for the kind words of support also- it means alot. The men and women in uniform here are doing an exemplary job and I'm proud to work with them. There is real progress being made here but the liberal media will never report the positive news from Iraq.

ScoPro
05-23-2007, 20:10
Well, I'll put a plug in for the Round Rock area. I live just west of town in the Brushy Creek/Avery Ranch development:

http://averyranch.com/index2.html

Lots of links to home builders in this area. $275,000 will get you a very nice home, whether you buy new or "used". There are some pretty good schools here too, not to mention a Sportsmans Warehouse and gobs of shopping for the ladies.

The new tollway gets you to downtown Austin pretty quick if you care to avail yourself of the "big city" amenities.

Central Austin has California type home prices. :shocked:

Stay safe! :thumbsup:

westernillsig83
05-29-2007, 07:43
As a realtor in this area, you can't really go wrong! There hasn't been a huge increase in prices like other states and property values are rising as more and more people are coming to the area! Great place to live and work!! PM me if you need any help
Eric