TX CHL holders! Call your representatives, SB534 is out of committee! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TX CHL holders! Call your representatives, SB534 is out of committee!

JohnKSa
05-21-2007, 21:53
http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/welcome.php

SB 534 that would prevent employers from firing CHL holders who leave their handguns safely locked in a vehicle in the company parking lot is out of committee!

Click on the above link and it will help you determine who your representatives are.

If this passes, it's a slam dunk that Gov. Perry will sign.

AggieMM
05-21-2007, 22:00
Originally, I thought this bill would die in committee, as big business was fighting it hard. They were mostly using "property rights" as the main argument against it. However, that was before V.Tech. I wonder if that has changed some minds in Austin? Only time will tell.

I'll send faxes in the morning to my reps. Thanks for the heads up.

Ryan

JohnKSa
05-22-2007, 00:01
The committee really tried to kill this one. They sat on it for nearly a month and then put it so far down on the calendars that it may not make it to the floor in time...

I've emailed & called all my representative.

We'll see.

dglockster
05-22-2007, 06:22
Latest info from NRA:

Critical Right-to-Carry Reform Bill May Be Considered by
Texas House Tomorrow! (Actually today, Tuesday, May 22)
Please Contact Your State Representative Today!

The House Calendars Committee has finally set NRA-backed Senate Bill 534 by State Senator Glenn Hegar (R-Katy) and State Representative Patrick Rose (D-Dripping Springs) for Tuesday's House Calendar. This is the last day that Senate bills may be considered by the full House.

SB 534 allows Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees (CHLs) to transport and store their handguns in locked motor vehicles while parked on their employers' property.