Steel Challenge @ Silver Creek 5/26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Steel Challenge @ Silver Creek 5/26

Clyde
05-22-2007, 17:36
Come on out Steel Challenge @ Silver Creek Link (http://www.silvercreekcc.org/steel_Challenge.htm)

Lots of Fun :supergrin: And you can shoot the match twice :banana:

Good little warm up for KAPS.

45gunner
05-22-2007, 19:15
Im there CLYDE.

Flinter
05-22-2007, 19:57
Crapola. Y'all are gonna have to start doing some winter time shoots. My wife's overly large family ties up her, and thus ME, all summer long with bithdays, weddings, and other not so important stuff, but she gets really insulted when I say I don't wanna go. Maybe it's time I put my foot down on the issue.

KYgundoc
05-22-2007, 21:10
Crapola. Y'all are gonna have to start doing some winter time shoots. My wife's overly large family ties up her, and thus ME, all summer long with bithdays, weddings, and other not so important stuff, but she gets really insulted when I say I don't wanna go. Maybe it's time I put my foot down on the issue.

I guess I am lucky because I shot the match on mothers day and my wife let back in the house. But This is also the same wife that fills my Dillon Primer tubes, Sorts and tumbles brass, Checks all my reloads with a case gage so I know they will chamber. I guess I will keep her.

45gunner
05-22-2007, 21:42
Originally posted by KYgundoc
I guess I am lucky because I shot the match on mothers day and my wife let back in the house. But This is also the same wife that fills my Dillon Primer tubes, Sorts and tumbles brass, Checks all my reloads with a case gage so I know they will chamber. I guess I will keep her.

Stop rubbing it in Dean.

Flinter
05-23-2007, 15:08
Stop rubbing it in Dean.

Yeh, really!!!

Clyde
05-25-2007, 07:34
get your kitchen Passes in Order Please.....:banana:

domzilla9
05-25-2007, 09:21
Hey, for those of who have never shot or seen a "Steel Challenge", does it use the standard USPSA divisions? Some of us don't have a clue. Thanks, Dom

Houngan
05-25-2007, 09:36
The divisions are basically Limited and Open. Since there's no reloading, and each string is 5-10 rounds (depending on misses), then things like magwells and capacity don't enter into it. There are also rimfire and revolver divisions. Open would generally be defined as optics and compensation.

I highly recommend steel challenge, it teaches the absolute fundamentals of shooting quickly and accurately.

H.

Clyde
05-25-2007, 13:22
What he said.

Limited

Open - Optic and or Comp

Revolver

Revolver Open

Rimefire

Rimefire Open

Don't need a holster for Rimfire (Low Ready start)

Minor ammo is fine only have to hit the steel not knock it down.

Most people use IPSC Speed holster. IDPA rig is fine to.

Here is a link to some sample stages (http://www.steelchallenge.com/steelchallenge/2006/stages.htm) Each stage is typically ran 5 time and your best 4 count for score. (25 rounds per stage with No Misses)
We normaly shoot 4 stages.

:thumbsup:

It's a chance to have 25 draws and 100 perfect sight pictures, if you shoot the maatch twice that is 50 draws and 200 perfect sight picture. -- I normally have to use a few extra "Perfect Sight Pictures" myself.

domzilla9
05-26-2007, 12:44
Thanks for the info Clyde. I had a great time. Silver Creek is so convenient I don't know why I waited so long to start shooting there. I left the house at 9:45 and was back home at 1:00pm (st. matthews, Louisville). I think I am going to have to apply for a membership. See you at K.A.P.S. tomorrow.

Clyde
05-26-2007, 17:57
Glad you could make it Dom.

Hope 45Gunner makes it out tommorrow

Results are posted on the Silver Creek Web Site (http://www.silvercreekcc.org/)

:banana:

45gunner
05-26-2007, 18:58
I decided to practice for the Kaps match tommorrow instead of attending the Steel Match.

I will be at Kaps tommorrow and shoot both matches.

I like the steel match at Silver Creek and will make it next time.