New Job [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Job

camoram
05-22-2007, 18:49
Well a month ago I started looking for a new job. Last Monday I got a tip on a good job and it payed off. I will be working for GNB valves right here in Laguna. The shop where I will be working is 6 min from my house :banana: Great starting pay and a ton of overtime. I really scored on this one. I will only be making $1 less but there is no commute. So after crunching the numbers I will actualy be making $3 an hour more. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its right off laguna Blvd and Dwight road. I think its right over by Brett. This is why I haven't been around for a few weeks. I have never had a job so close to home, its going to be great!

tbhracing
05-23-2007, 08:36
Nate- Does this mean your coming over for lunch?

Congrats on the new job.

arnold ziffle
05-23-2007, 12:43
congrats. thats about 95 miles less than my commute. i hope you will have time to go shooting soon.

JoeG29
05-23-2007, 14:14
Congrats on the new job Nate and close to home to boot! Now you can buy more ammo instead of gas :thumbsup:

Mark9Fogger
05-23-2007, 20:41
I drove past there the other day . . .

Code7AT
05-24-2007, 03:15
I wish my commute was 6 mins. It takes me longer than that to drive all the way down Laguna to I5. Another 45 mins after that...

camoram
05-25-2007, 11:56
I walked it the other day. It took me 19 min going the back roads. Yes, this new job will afford me the chance of more shooting. I was laid off last November and decided to take a year off. Well a month ago I was winding down all of the house projects and started to get cabin fever. We had the money saved up for me to take the whole year off but it didn't leave a lot of play money. So with the new job I will be able to buy some new toys :banana: The next on the list is a home defense shot gun. Wild Bills has a great selection of them. Then I will be trading in my Remington 5 shot pump action 300 savage hunting rifle (I never use it) and getting a Winchester Lever action 44. I have always wanted one. Then I will be looking at a sub compact Glock. I don't see my self getting another full size. After Matt let me shoot his 9 and 22 conversions I went ahead and bought the same stuff. So my G22 will now shoot 3 different rounds. .22, 9mm and the stock .40.

JoeG29
05-25-2007, 14:46
Then I will be looking at a sub compact Glock.

Hmmmm. I see a G29 in your future ;)

Glockerstein
05-26-2007, 23:34
That's great news!!!