Dragonskin Bodyarmor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dragonskin Bodyarmor


knoxvegasdaddy
05-23-2007, 05:34
Is Dragonskin Bodyarmor authorized in Iraq and or Afghanistan?

Thinking of doing a fundraiser for Dragonskin armor, but found out the ARMY prohibits the use/wear of it.

If USMC authorizes it, we're gonna try to raise some money to buy some for our local Marines deploying.

I need WRITTEN documentation if it is authorized!!! You can PM me with said documentation.

SEMPER FI!

bburgi
05-23-2007, 09:19
-----

knoxvegasdaddy
05-24-2007, 04:47
Thanks for the reply.

That SUCKS!

:steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:

Ignition
05-24-2007, 07:35
yup the maradmin came out.... it sucks


i still will wear my ballistic eye pro aviators over the ESS stuff.... hehehehee

kevdog91
05-25-2007, 18:33
I wonder why? I thought that the dragonskin was good stuff.

inkslut
06-02-2007, 04:39
Originally posted by kevdog91
I wonder why? I thought that the dragonskin was good stuff.

Dragon Skin does not have a contract with the Marine Corps; there possibly setting up future law suits (by the current body armor contractor) if the Marine Corps does not implement policy to prohibit the use of non govt issued body armor. Has nothing to do with if it is good, better, or indifferent to the current issued gear. Politics.

RM
06-02-2007, 04:58
The simple fact is the SOV failed the test, the adhesive it uses hold the disc on failed the hot to cold test and the JP immersion test.

I am not so sure what advantage the SOV really gives, since most people are dieing from effect of explosives that are already getting around the protection of the OTV with 4 ESAPIs. The traumatic amputation or frag to the face or head that is killing troops in country isn't going to be less likely to kill you if you are wearing a 1600 personnel set of armor than a free issue armor.

RM
06-02-2007, 05:01
Originally posted by Ignition
yup the maradmin came out.... it sucks


i still will wear my ballistic eye pro aviators over the ESS stuff.... hehehehee

That is actually a slight misunderstanding of the MarAdmin, you must wear gear that is government approved. In eye pro there are like 2 dozen brands you can wear, we will not however be reembersed if we want something other than what is issued since it meets the requirement.

Ignition
06-02-2007, 10:11
thanks for the heads up ;-p

Originally posted by RM
That is actually a slight misunderstanding of the MarAdmin, you must wear gear that is government approved. In eye pro there are like 2 dozen brands you can wear, we will not however be reembersed if we want something other than what is issued since it meets the requirement.