Kaine wants lawmakers to change Va.’s gun laws [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kaine wants lawmakers to change Va.’s gun laws

alien-Glocker
05-23-2007, 17:31
Kaine wants lawmakers to change Va.’s gun laws--gee what a surprise from vote from me I'm Mr. Second Amendment guy!

Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine said Tuesday he is hopeful the General Assembly will overcome its affection for firearms and adopt changes to the commonwealth’s gun and ammunition laws in response to the April 16 murders at Virginia Tech....

In general, Kaine said, he is troubled that Virginia law allows any individual to stockpile ammunition with no way for authorities to monitor the cache. Yea right and what will they come up with to force entry in to your house to verify compliance!

The recommendations should be ready in August....

Link: http://www.examiner.com/a-743269~Kaine_wants_lawmakers_to_change_Va__s_gun_laws.html

Fernman
05-23-2007, 18:09
I just found an excuse to buy more.

vafish
05-24-2007, 07:13
377 rounds is a stock Pile???

My daughter shoots small bore rifles competitively and my son and I shoot USPSA/IPSC.

If 377 rounds is a stock pile I wonder what Kaine would call my ammo supply?

I order .22 LR ammo by the case of 5,000 rounds a couple times a year. That doesn't even count the 9MM or .45 ACP.

bulwaagh
05-24-2007, 11:06
Yeah, I got a couple bricks of .22LR in my truck I picked up at wallyworld. Little did I know I would be setting myself up for being some sort of whackjob.

Hunterjbb
05-24-2007, 19:40
Where the heck did 377 come from ? and yes most competition shooters have the much laying around for practice ammo.. lol.. heck just about go through that much in a weekend at a big match.. well little less but i take more then that.

Kaine's true nature shines through :shocked: it has nothing to do with what he said getting elected, it's all about political expediency and making sure he does not look bad to those that pay the most so he can get re-elected.. Let's face it Joe average gun owner does not contribute significantly to the bottom line of his campain fund ..

I'd like to know how the the heck they would even think about enforcing it? cops / atf / fbi /dea are so overwhelmed now with real crap they don't have time to worry bout this kind of stuff..

oh well..

Jeff.

bulwaagh
05-25-2007, 07:09
Originally posted by Hunterjbb
Where the heck did 377 come from ?

I believe he was commenting on how that nutjob Cho, had 377 rounds of ammunition.

In general, Kaine said, he is troubled that Virginia law allows any individual to stockpile ammunition with no way for authorities to monitor the cache. Seung-Hui Cho, the Virginia Tech gunman, began his rampage with 377 rounds of ammunition, according to police.
From this article (http://www.examiner.com/a-743269~Kaine_wants_lawmakers_to_change_Va__s_gun_laws.html).