when will the gun ban for the BRGY POLLS start? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : when will the gun ban for the BRGY POLLS start?

boni
05-26-2007, 04:14
mga sir any idea when the gun ban for brgy. elections start? the election will be on 29 october 2007 and also when will it end sir?

asian_glockster
05-26-2007, 09:10
30 days before the election day and 15 days after the election day..

jimbullet
05-26-2007, 21:56
So there is a need for another exemption or will the existing exemptions encompass the barangay election period?

boni
05-27-2007, 21:48
Originally posted by jimbullet
So there is a need for another exemption or will the existing exemptions encompass the barangay election period?

hindi siguro applicable na yung exemption sa brgy.election sir kasi it States sa exemption "FOR THE MAY 14, 2007 NATIONAL & LOCAL ELECTIONS" na point out na rin ata ng other BOG members ito. i ask if may gun ban ba talaga during this bgry.election period. Sad to say meron talaga :)

by the way, thanks for the reply sir. at least may gap pa pala. GOD BLESS everybody and good day.:)

asian_glockster
05-27-2007, 21:48
yes sir... an exemption is required for those who wants to carry during the election period (baranggay elections)

darwin25
05-28-2007, 03:15
Well most political violence happens during the Baranggay Elections. Precisely because of:

1. lower intellect of many running for baranggay positions. Remember most of those running for baranggay positions are those that are unproductive and unemployed in their communities. Some even belong to the lumpen category.

2. because local politicians rely on baranaggay leaders to bring them command votes during local elections so it is paramount for them to ensure that those that will win baranggay seats are on their side or at least can be neutralized to their side.

gen1
05-29-2007, 20:36
double post. sorry.

gen1
05-29-2007, 20:36
Mas matindi ang patayan kapag brgy elections.

mga magka-kapitbahay kasi ang naglalaban kaya madali magkapikunan.

jimbullet
05-31-2007, 17:44
Well, its not even barangay elections and we see criminals not following the ban as in the case of the recent shootout when a bus was being robbed. While it ended good with the bad guys being caught, there were still innocent civilians that got hurt.

So, does the gun ban really work for its intended purpose? I'm sure you know the answer...

glockomolly
06-01-2007, 02:56
I think even there is a gun ban, it doesnt solve the violence during elections. Most of the guns din na ginagamit to commit crimes ay loose firearms. I think its very unfair for the government to leave the civilians unarmed for a long period of time especially most of the law enforcers are busy during the election period.