Open Carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry

jmsfmtex
05-28-2007, 14:37
This may be a dumb question but then again who said I was smart?

Can I open carry on my property? I live in a rural area on 5~10 acres. I practice dry firing and concealed carry a lot in the house. So I was just wondering when I go out do I need to leave my gun behind? Or sometimes I carry loaded to check things out.

cwood
05-28-2007, 15:42
YES.

However, one caveat to keep in mind. Be sure that any action you take cannot be taken as a threatening measure. That might constitute disorderly conduct.

That is really unlikely, but you need to be aware of the potential. From what you describe, I think that that situation would be HIGHLY unlikely. Have fun.

S.O.Interceptor
05-31-2007, 10:15
Originally posted by jmsfmtex
This may be a dumb question but then again who said I was smart?

Can I open carry on my property? I live in a rural area on 5~10 acres. I practice dry firing and concealed carry a lot in the house. So I was just wondering when I go out do I need to leave my gun behind? Or sometimes I carry loaded to check things out.

If you're on your own property why not just conceal it? That way you have it when you need it and no one calls the S.O. on you.

42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a
public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

You can't display a firearm in a "public place" and that usually doesn't include your private property, but I wouldn't want to test it. If someone can see you and feels threatened you can bet you'll at least end up talking to a Deputy.