http://www.indy1500.com/
Still $3 park and $8 admission?

Who's going?
What's on your wish list?

glock2619
05-29-2007, 06:46
I'll throw my $8 down the drain.

Wish list:
Looking for a G21SF with Glock rail. Hopefully trading my G21C.
Maybe some .223 ammo.

LordJackel
05-29-2007, 06:50
I am looking for a Reactive Target System and a carry holster for my G23....here is to getting a decent deal :banana:

Patrick Graham
05-29-2007, 09:40
$3 park and $8 admission.... $20 for gas.. $30 for lunch at some place in Indy that doesn't exist in omokoK..

and last, but not least... $300 on stuff

Yeah.. I'll be there... probably Sat.

KSFreeman
05-29-2007, 10:37
My brother and I will be there on Saturday early morning. May have a nephew in tow.

Will be looking for magazines and more magazines.

epsylum
05-29-2007, 11:19
I will probably be working there (at least that is the plan right now).

sjstill
05-29-2007, 16:05
I'll be there, sitting on my arse, as usual :rofl:

Good news is, looks like rain Friday & Saturday. :banana:

rhino465
05-29-2007, 16:20
I won't be there for sure this time.

biggl35
05-29-2007, 16:48
I "blew my load" so to speak, at Plainfield Shooting Supply last week, I dont have any gun money left to spend.:homer:

I might go just to bother sjstill. :tongueout:

minuteman32
05-29-2007, 16:53
I'll be there @ Sight & Sound Safety, making ear plugs w/ my friends. (That is, of course, unless I get lured away by all the tempting goodies that I can't afford!)

cougar_guy04
05-29-2007, 18:11
I'll be there, coming up with a couple other folks from the club and my brother on Saturday.

My wishlist:
4 or 6 position collapsible AR stock
AR LPK
AR Mags (Sensing a pattern yet)
XD-45 Mags
G19 mags
Streamlight TL-2 if I can find a good deal on one

(If you see someone walking around with a black polo that has an embroidered logo that looks like my avatar, that's me :) )

skydelta34
05-29-2007, 18:47
Originally posted by minuteman32
I'll be there @ Sight & Sound Safety, making ear plugs w/ my friends. (That is, of course, unless I get lured away by all the tempting goodies that I can't afford!)

Big thumbs up on those Sight and Sound ear plugs. I used mine Sunday at the Speedway and they work very well.

swampmaster
05-29-2007, 23:25
I am planning on going Sat morn, maybe walking around the SP10 and looking for anything to buy that I dont need

tlish
05-30-2007, 18:13
we'll probably go after shooting idpa on saturday morning.

usaf207cwf
05-30-2007, 18:32
Originally posted by biggl35
I might go just to bother sjstill. :tongueout:

Nice to know I am not alone...:rofl:

sjstill
05-30-2007, 19:45
I hope youse two are there at the same time so I don't cornfuse your names.... :shocked: :supergrin:

Should just start calling you Bert & Ernie :rofl: :banana:

Originally posted by usaf207cwf
Nice to know I am not alone...:rofl:

usaf207cwf
05-30-2007, 19:56
Originally posted by sjstill
I hope youse two are there at the same time so I don't cornfuse your names.... :shocked: :supergrin:

Should just start calling you Bert & Ernie :rofl: :banana:

I get to be Bert

http://www.bertisevil.tv/img/bazooka-bert.jpg

sjstill
05-31-2007, 12:20
Well, this may be my last 1500 inside a table, so hassle me while you can :tongueout:

WetPhoneBook
05-31-2007, 12:30
See ya Friday. I'm after anything that might be banned in 08!

KSFreeman
05-31-2007, 12:46
Clinton II will not be in office until January '09.

Buy them cheap and stack them deep!

Hoosier Glocker
05-31-2007, 16:48
I'll be there Saturday, looking to sell my Springfield loaded champion 1911 and an AR-15.

naffiner
06-01-2007, 04:16
I'll be lookin to pick up a:
-PLR-16, if I can figure out what a good price is for one
-Double-mag pouch
-10/22 Stock (maybe)
-Whatever else seems cool and is cheap enough

FThorn
06-01-2007, 06:29
I'll be there today at opening, if all things go well.

Prometheus77
06-01-2007, 17:30
Originally posted by naffiner
-PLR-16, if I can figure out what a good price is for one

$425+tax is a good price dependong on how many are floating around. I got mine when no one had them for 500 OTD.

I don't know what the market is at the moment. gunbroker is always a good water tester.

FThorn
06-01-2007, 17:37
I thought I saw a couple under that price.

I picked up another gun at Plainfield tonight. Did not get a chance to bother "busy steve", though.

Used glocks for under $400 is pretty good.

Saw a Taurus 9mm revolver at Midwest I almost bought. If it were a bobbed hammer it would have been mine at $199 (used)

epsylum
06-01-2007, 17:58
Originally posted by FThorn
Saw a Taurus 9mm revolver at Midwest I almost bought. If it were a bobbed hammer it would have been mine at $199 (used)

Mr. Dremel could fix that. :supergrin:

I got to do all grunt work and no fun stuff as I had to leave for my regular job right at opening.

Prometheus77
06-01-2007, 19:50

I'd have grabbed it. Hammer or not. I've been looking for a 9mm revolver to toy around with.

dblagent
06-01-2007, 22:16
I will be up there tomorrow, how is the show this time for those that were there today?

FThorn
06-02-2007, 07:53
a lot more candles. :)

Pretty average...and not in a bad way. Seemed to be the usual suspects.

But, IMO, Plainfield rules. It's amazing the amount of sales they rack up. If I were another dealer, I'd try to follow their lead on what works.

glock2619
06-02-2007, 14:23
Originally posted by glock2619
I'll throw my $8 down the drain.

Wish list:
Looking for a G21SF with Glock rail. Hopefully trading my G21C.
Maybe some .223 ammo.

#1. Done. I can't believe I found a "used" unfired G21SF already. Plainfield Shooting Supply comes through as always. It was nice to meet you sjstill.
#2. No go on the .223. Man, that stuff's a little scarce.

It's in what I would consider the better of the two buildings this time. Not a bad show.

dblagent
06-02-2007, 17:26
I was there today (meet sjstill too) and was pleased with what was available. I saw plenty of things that would have taken some of my money if I had brought any! Thought about an AR lower and a TLR1 pretty hard and was able to fondle many firearms I wanted to. I confirmed I have expensive taste....

cougar_guy04
06-02-2007, 21:49
Originally posted by cougar_guy04
My wishlist:
4 or 6 position collapsible AR stock
AR LPK
AR Mags (Sensing a pattern yet)
XD-45 Mags
G19 mags
Streamlight TL-2 if I can find a good deal on one)
Well, came home with my stock/wrench, LPK, Hogue grip for the AR, and a Pachmayr slip on for the XD and got a chance to meet epsylum (sorry I'm not the greatest conversationalist man, I think it comes as a side effect of an engineering curriculum). Was going to stop by Plainfield and meet sjstill, but the 3-4 times I walked past Plainfield's table he was on the phone/with a customer. Guess next time I just need to buy a gun from them to get a chance to chat. :)

Now, all I need is a set of punches and a hammer to get the AR lower put together.

rhino465
06-03-2007, 15:29
Originally posted by cougar_guy04

. . . (sorry I'm not the greatest conversationalist man, I think it comes as a side effect of an engineering curriculum).

That explain why I am such a wallflower! I'm downright quiet and demure, even!

:animlol:

rhino465
06-03-2007, 15:45
Originally posted by tlish

Where did you go for IDPA? I thought you would be coming to Hamilton Co.! Did you go to Red Brush?

Patrick Graham
06-03-2007, 15:50

Where are you shooting IDPA at?

FThorn
06-03-2007, 18:26
Oh, did anyone else see the automatic knives near the big snack bar (back corner)?

:ack: :whistling:

naffiner
06-04-2007, 04:20
Originally posted by naffiner
-PLR-16
-Double-mag pouch
-10/22 Stock (maybe)
-Whatever else seems cool and is cheap enough Went saturday morning and I ended up buying absolutely nothing...

Only saw one PLR-16 in the whole show and that was marked at $550 :sad:

TimmyC
06-04-2007, 05:12
How was the Indy 1500? I wanted to go, but I had to work. I have not been to one in a couple years, but the last one I attended was huge. The gun shows here in Fort Wayne keep getting progressively smaller each time I go. The last one I went to here in town was pitiful, there were hardly any vendors there. At $7 to get in and $4 to park, I was pretty disappointed. Are the gun shows in Indy getting smaller as well?

KSFreeman
06-04-2007, 05:30
Timmy, it was a solid show. My brother and I went early Saturday morning. Great time to go as it had not yet filled up with gun nuts.

As to Fort Wayne, with increased overhead (e.g. gasoline costs) why would vendors come to smaller markets? We had a real good show here in Lafayette a couple of months ago and I scored a bunch of cheap ammo (.223 and .308) but I doubt that it will continue as the dealers will have to move to larger markets.

My brother bought magazines and ammo. I got magazines, new grips for a Blackhawk Bisley of mine (walnut, they look great), a cherry Smith M63, and several Yugo SKSs. Some dealer had them and was selling them for $145 but would give you a break if you had a C&R. I should have picked up ammo, but property taxes are coming up for the residence and the office, need to ensure those are paid.

And, yes, I did see the automatic knives and I did see a GIMP looking them over and then moving on.:supergrin:

FThorn
06-04-2007, 08:01
Originally posted by KSFreeman

And, yes, I did see the automatic knives and I did see a GIMP looking them over and then moving on.:supergrin:

Not sure which GIMP you're referring to.

But, I thought I had heard one vendor say in a previous show that the vendors had to be careful they did not accidentally show/sell autoknives in Indiana, since some of them travel to other shows/states where it's NOT prohibited, and sometimes their stock gets shuffled or they forget where they are.

WetPhoneBook
06-04-2007, 08:23
At one table across from PK the guy was selling a pistol length street-sweeper for $5000! Too bad no SBS are allowed in Indiana.

If you were there shopping for complete firearms there were probably some good deals, but if you were looking for ammo and accessories, it didn't seem like the prices were any better than what you could get online, but I guess you save shipping.

Nice to be able to handle all the gear though.

epsylum
06-04-2007, 16:15
Originally posted by KSFreeman
..and several Yugo SKSs. Some dealer had them and was selling them for $145 but would give you a break if you had a C&R.

Crap! I wish I had gotten out from behind the table and wondered a tad more as one of those Yugo SKSes would have came home with me.

I just got ammo and sore feet. :supergrin:

Nice to meet you too cougar_guy04. Dont worry, I had a lot worse exchanges during the show ;) .

Hoosier Glocker
06-04-2007, 16:47
I ended up picking up a nice used S&W M&P .40 with the Bladetech holster/mag carrier from Midwest Gun Exchange for $379 + tax. Also bought a pocket holster for my MK9 and some ammo.

I thought it was a decent show and not overly crowded.

FThorn
06-05-2007, 15:23
So, in the end, are the best deals the

1. first in the door on Friday, in case they priced them too cheap and before the good stuff is picked over?

or

2. Last thing Sunday, when they don't want to haul them back and have made their profit?

epsylum
06-05-2007, 16:32
So, in the end, are the best deals the

1. first in the door on Friday, in case they priced them too cheap and before the good stuff is picked over?

or

2. Last thing Sunday, when they don't want to haul them back and have made their profit?

From my limited experience, I would say number 2. Packing up is kind of a PITA and I know the booth that I worked at, they cut the prices of NIB Glock 9mm and .40s to $460 on Sunday.

FThorn
06-06-2007, 05:26
another thing, I tried my hardest to show my receipt and gun to the person at the exit, but they just waved me past. I thought they were tougher on that, but the guy did NOT want to look in my box/case or see my receipt. shrug

Hoosier Glocker
06-06-2007, 11:04
another thing, I tried my hardest to show my receipt and gun to the person at the exit, but they just waved me past. I thought they were tougher on that, but the guy did NOT want to look in my box/case or see my receipt. shrug

Really? Every time I've been they always want to see the receipt and the sticker the dealer puts on the case.

What I didn't like is they wouldn't let you go out the doors on the other side, forcing you to walk around the building to get to the parking lot. They even put a guy there just to tell you can't go that way instead of having him check receipts.

FThorn
06-06-2007, 11:26
Originally posted by Hoosier Glocker
Really? Every time I've been they always want to see the receipt and the sticker the dealer puts on the case.

What I didn't like is they wouldn't let you go out the doors on the other side, forcing you to walk around the building to get to the parking lot. They even put a guy there just to tell you can't go that way instead of having him check receipts.

What would violating an exit ban even potentially incur? I mean, be asked to leave?

Hoosier Glocker
06-06-2007, 12:04
Good point, probably not much they could do.

tlish
06-06-2007, 15:33
Originally posted by rhino465
Where did you go for IDPA? I thought you would be coming to Hamilton Co.! Did you go to Red Brush?

we were planning on going to hamilton county, but there was a 40% chance of rain, and with gas prices as they are, we decided not to chance it. then, it was a beautiful day, and we regretted not heading down there. we'll be there next time. have i met you there before?

cougar_guy04
06-06-2007, 17:24
Originally posted by Hoosier Glocker
Same here, on my way out, the guy working the door (must've been new?) stopped a guy with an airsoft rifle and asked to see his receipt and sticker on the box.

rhino465
06-06-2007, 22:11
we were planning on going to hamilton county, but there was a 40% chance of rain, and with gas prices as they are, we decided not to chance it. then, it was a beautiful day, and we regretted not heading down there. we'll be there next time. have i met you there before?

No, it was my first time at Hamilton Co.

Are you the people who come from WAY up north?

MikeL74
06-07-2007, 10:33
Was there on Friday with my dad (visiting from WI, so it's about the only show he's been to). He got some ammo he can't find in shops, but I had no money to buy anything. Got a good lead on a local source for stripped AR lowers for when I do though, and looked at stocks to put on them.

Saw MM32 at the earplug booth but that's about it for familar faces except the usual booth workers. Did the Atlanta CC guys have a booth at this one? If so, I missed it...Rhino must not have been working it.

rhino465
06-07-2007, 12:32
Originally posted by MikeL74

If so, I missed it...Rhino must not have been working it.

I don't know if they had a table or not. I am no longer associated with ACC.