USPSA Match Sunday at Byram FREE to new shooters!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : USPSA Match Sunday at Byram FREE to new shooters!!!

Cliff Cargill
05-30-2007, 10:12
Five courses of fire. Bring 200 rounds of ammo (you'll have some left over), gun, mags or speedloaders, belt, holster, mag pouches and eye and ear protection.

If you don't have all of the above, come anyway and you WILL shoot!:thumbsup:

We are very new shooter friendly and will help you out.:hugs:

Any questions? Post them here or call me direct at 601-906-0162.

Cliff

NoloContendere
05-30-2007, 15:58
jeez... i can't make this one either :(

Scott, let me know if you need my 17 and you can come load some poof rounds if you want.

Cliff Cargill
05-30-2007, 17:21
:burn:YOU.ARE.KILLING.ME!!!:burn:

When are you going to shoot a match again?:dunno:

If SOME people would quit going out of town to party,:tequila:
maybe they'd have time to shoot.:supergrin:

NoloContendere
05-30-2007, 19:50
Hahaha... i'm in hattiesburg all week... :D

MidnightJMC
05-31-2007, 11:33
Originally posted by NoloContendere
Hahaha... i'm in hattiesburg all week... :D

What ya doin in H'town? Shoot me a PM if it's top secret. :supergrin:

MidnightJMC
05-31-2007, 11:36
What time Cliff? Is it the Magnolia range?

I may can talk some grandparents in Brandon into babysitting and join ya'll on this one.

trbaldridge
05-31-2007, 12:10
Hey Cliff,

What time do things kick off, how long do they usually last?

Would a newbie be better off here or waiting for the next icore match?

terry

Cliff Cargill
05-31-2007, 13:21
If ya'll got there about 7:30, the match would start about 8:45 and last til about 12:30. That would be plenty of time to look at the stages and get geared up.

Yes, it's in Byram.

I think this one would be a good mach for you guys to hit as it shouldn't be terribly hard. We're too whooped:faint: :phew: from our state match to put on anything very complicated. So, I think this would be perfect.

Let me know what you need and if you're coming so I can buddy you up with someone.:woohoo:

Cliff:thumbsup:

trbaldridge
05-31-2007, 14:18
I will try my bestest to make it over, but man that is early on a Sunday morning for somebody driving over from Vicksburg. On the other hand, waiting any longer would cause it to be really hot, so... I guess I will have to set the alarm clock.

I will send you some email off list asking a bunch of dumb questions about what I have and what I might need to borrow.

terry

Cliff Cargill
06-01-2007, 07:01
We have about 6 new shooters coming to the match. I'm hoping we hit 10!:banana:

lumberjack
06-01-2007, 19:55
Even though I didn't make it to the state match, I plan on being at the match Sunday, spending the night in Brandon tomorrow night methinks.

ScottWomack
06-02-2007, 14:58
Thanks Nolo, but I am planning on shooting my S&W 686 revolver so I can put it on Cliff in October at the ICORE state match........ I need to call haras and see if I can steal, beg, or borrow some speedloaders for tomorrow........Not that there is anything speedy about my reloads....:banana: Since Steven shot last weekend, now little brother Phillip is also wanting to shoot. So we may get close to ten ten shooters this weekend.........

I will plan on reloading some of those poof loads in the near future to see how they really do. I just can't quite get around Cliff, gotta be those poof loads..........

haras
06-02-2007, 16:54
Poof or poop... :animlol:

Yeah, sure, I'll bring some loaders for you. Glad to see another revolver shooter trying USPSA. :snoopy:

Remember, 6-reload-6.....:fred:

MidnightJMC
06-02-2007, 16:57
I didn't think to ask Cliff when I spoke with him this morning but how does rain affect these matches?

lumberjack
06-02-2007, 17:21
Originally posted by MidnightJMC
I didn't think to ask Cliff when I spoke with him this morning but how does rain affect these matches?

It cancells them, always a treat after driving 3 hours from Columbus :)

ScottWomack
06-02-2007, 20:20
I've never seen rain cancel a match, but lightening definitely cancels a match. Besides, since my grandfather, my dad, and my brother have all been struck by lightening, how many of you really want to walk around the range and take your chances with me......Call me a girly man, but I've never had a desire to poke my finger in God's eye and taunt his accuracy with lightening. I'll be the one in the rangehouse or in the vehicle when the lightening starts popping........

haras
06-02-2007, 20:55
Originally posted by MidnightJMC
I didn't think to ask Cliff when I spoke with him this morning but how does rain affect these matches? Only 30% chance of isolated rain. If in doubt, call Cliff in the morning.

Cliff Cargill
06-02-2007, 21:32
[QUOTE]Originally posted by haras Poof or poop... :animlol:

:rofl: The old man in the Depends :fred: said "poop".:rofl:

:yourock: :uglylol: :toilet: :tease: :tbo: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

Cliff Cargill
06-02-2007, 21:36
Originally posted by haras
Only 30% chance of isolated rain. If in doubt, call Cliff in the morning.

Yup. Unless the rain is blowing sideways, or it's lightening (which isn't in the forecast) we'll shoot.

But, if in doubt, call me at 601-906-0162. For right now, it's all clear....................:thumbsup:

MidnightJMC
06-03-2007, 04:34
Well I'm not going to be able to make it after all. The struggles of having a baby. I have missed that little fella the last couple days though. Cliff unless I see you on the board I'll be calling you about 7 or so to give you a heads up.

Cliff Cargill
06-03-2007, 04:45
Children are more important than shooting. Maybe next time though.:)

haras
06-03-2007, 04:48
NO RAIN! Skys clear, nothing on the radar. Come one boys!:broccoli: