uneven tire thread wear....what's the cause? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : uneven tire thread wear....what's the cause?

Longbow
05-31-2007, 10:04
I was inspecting my brake pads this morning and something else caught my eyes. I noticed that the right (passenger) side front tires are more worn than the left (driver) side front tires.
What are the possible causes of this?
Someone told me it could be bad shocks, but I don't notice anything in handling that would show damaged shocks.
Thanks in advance for any info!

P.S.
The car is an '01 Honda Civic.

New
05-31-2007, 13:58
Get an alignment. I recommend an alignment every 10K miles.

NotAMonte86
05-31-2007, 17:36
Overinflated tires, underinflated tires, overweight wife, etc....

j/k :tongueout:

ajkahr
05-31-2007, 17:43
Don't waste time posting the question on an Internet forum, take the damn Honduh to a tire/alignment shop and get it fixed.

Driving around in a Honduh is bad enough, let alone having an obvious problem with it...

But yeah - alignment, pressure, worn out suspension.

Longbow
05-31-2007, 21:38
Originally posted by ajkahr
Don't waste time posting the question on an Internet forum, take the damn Honduh to a tire/alignment shop and get it fixed.

Driving around in a Honduh is bad enough, let alone having an obvious problem with it...

But yeah - alignment, pressure, worn out suspension.

:shocked:

Thanks anyway.

Originally posted by NotAMonte86
Overinflated tires, underinflated tires, overweight wife, etc....

j/k :tongueout:

No wife, just me. :)

Thanks to all!

p2555016zr
05-31-2007, 21:55
Scalloped tires are a sign of bad shocks/ struts. Bad toe in/out or bad camber. Tire over inflation will wear the center perfectly. Tire under inflated will wear both outer edges evenly.

Bring it to an alignment shop. There could be some suspension components getting ready to break and fall out or hopefully it will just be that you hit a pothole and put it out of alignment without damaging anything permanently.