intro [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : intro


trbaldridge
05-31-2007, 12:15
Hey all,

I am Terry Baldridge, I live in Vicksburg. I was digging around the net looking for MS related firearms info and ran up on this Glock state club list. I had been talking to Cliff about coming to an icore match, so I figured I would just jump in here.

Uh, I don't have any glocks hanging around, mostly s&ws and a few rugers. But after shooting a buddies subcompact .45acp and anothers 9mm with a 30 round mag, I might well have to keep them in mind.

terry

MidnightJMC
05-31-2007, 12:56
Welcome. Ruger owner here as well. P90. Couple glocks too of course.

trbaldridge
06-01-2007, 07:29
Thanks for the welcome Midnight.

The only Ruger auto I have is a Mark II .22. I got it in college so I guess anymore I have spent more of my life with it than I spent without it.

I can remember many a Monday when I could do nothing with my thumbs because I had loaded magazines so many times Sunday afternoon. Shoot it till it jams, take a q-tip and get the gunk out of it and then shoot it some more. A great little rig.

terry

Cliff Cargill
06-01-2007, 08:50
Welcome to GlockTalk Terry!:supergrin:

And, welcome to the shooting sports!:thumbsup:

See you on Sunday.:banana:

Lobo
06-01-2007, 15:23
Welcome!

Chris

lumberjack
06-01-2007, 20:00
Welcome :)

Glocker here, the Ruger I have is a Security Six,my SW i a Lady Smith.

Picked up a 2nd Gen G20 yesterday, bought a G19 today :banana:.

See ya Sunday!

Carl

trbaldridge
06-02-2007, 22:37
Originally posted by lumberjack
Welcome :)

Picked up a 2nd Gen G20 yesterday, bought a G19 today :banana:.

See ya Sunday!

Carl

I had a day like that at the last gun show. The FFL I use brought the 5906 he received for me and I bought a model 60 from a friend who went with me to the show. Also found a Winchester 97 clone in my price range that I just had to get. So that about gets me for the year. I tend to buy in batches and then don't buy anymore for a long time.

But the guy that I bought the 5906 from has some 686s for a decent price. If I am going to be shooting revolvers competitively, I need to have a good stainless one with adjustable sights don't I? (I am looking at this group as being big enablers, don't prove me wrong)

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow (I will be the one looking confused). I guess I had better go get some sleep.

terry

trbaldridge
06-02-2007, 22:38
Originally posted by Lobo
Welcome!

Chris

Thanks Chris. Hope to meet you in person before long.

terry

lumberjack
06-03-2007, 18:40
I don't believe we met, I was the guy in the green t shirt, faded Carhartts, shooting a G19.

Perhaps we'll meet next month eh?

NoloContendere
06-03-2007, 18:49
Welcome!

xd357
06-03-2007, 23:16
welcome terry

if you go you will get hooked
i love it
cliff is a very good person to get started with
taught me all i know:supergrin:

garett

Cliff Cargill
06-04-2007, 06:49
Originally posted by xd357
welcome terry

if you go you will get hooked
i love it
cliff is a very good person to get started with
taught me all i know:supergrin:

garett

Yeah, but don't hold that against Garett.:rofl:

He was a good student though. He has a nasty habit of winning everything he enters now.

Speaking of which...When are you coming to Jackson Garett? We (Team Magnolia) have something for you.

trbaldridge
06-04-2007, 07:35
Yeah Garett, I went and I must admit if I am not hooked, I am at least chasing the bait, hard :}

Thanks to a lot of help by Cliff, Glenn, Pat, and Doc (seems like I am leaving out someone, sorry) I made it through. My plan for the day was to not get DQed. I didn't, but there was a steady stream of reminder for me to watch my muzzle direction. I have a life time of pointing a gun at the ground if I am moving I will have to overcome.

Thanks fellows, hope to see you in a couple of weeks at ICORE. I will order more speedloaders between now and then. And practice with the ones I have.

terry

xd357
06-04-2007, 10:09
gun at ground

my problem to i just need lots of practice
that means more matchs:50cal: :nsb: :2gun:
safety 1st :motorcycle: speed later

Cliff Cargill
06-04-2007, 11:27
Originally posted by trbaldridge
Yeah Garett, I went and I must admit if I am not hooked, I am at least chasing the bait, hard :}

Thanks to a lot of help by Cliff, Glenn, Pat, and Doc (seems like I am leaving out someone, sorry) I made it through. My plan for the day was to not get DQed. I didn't, but there was a steady stream of reminder for me to watch my muzzle direction. I have a life time of pointing a gun at the ground if I am moving I will have to overcome.

Thanks fellows, hope to see you in a couple of weeks at ICORE. I will order more speedloaders between now and then. And practice with the ones I have.

terry

We'll see you there Terry.:wavey:

Bring a friend. The courses in ICORE aren't quite as involved as IPSC, although I love both games.

See you soon!:thumbsup:

trbaldridge
06-06-2007, 12:34
Originally posted by Cliff Cargill
We'll see you there Terry.:wavey:

Bring a friend. The courses in ICORE aren't quite as involved as IPSC, although I love both games.

See you soon!:thumbsup:

I just talked to my brother and he is planning on coming through that weekend. I think I can talk him into shooting a round.

I just ordered 3 more speedloaders for my 28. Six should be enough, huh?

Mr. Haras, if you read this, would you give me an email at trb at cablelynx dot com

terry

GlockMan40s&w
06-30-2007, 09:02
Welcome to the site.

:thumbsup:

Gambino
07-04-2007, 14:30
Welcome! I have been away for a while but will be around more now.

trbaldridge
07-16-2007, 11:18
Thanks for the welcome Gambino and GlockMan40. I have been out of town a couple of weeks myself.

terry

Originally posted by Gambino
Welcome! I have been away for a while but will be around more now.

haras
07-16-2007, 20:32
Hey Terry, gunna make the July 28th Saturday ICORE match?:duel:

trbaldridge
07-17-2007, 06:59
I have to go to Memphis for a couple of days before that so there is the chance that things could mess up, but as long as the shooting gods smile on me I should be there. I bought more speedloaders and pouches for the 28. Now I have some pouches that will actually hold the large sized speedloaders. So I guess these days my only excuse will be lack of skill.

terry

Originally posted by haras
Hey Terry, gunna make the July 28th Saturday ICORE match?:duel:

Cliff Cargill
07-20-2007, 19:39
I hope you can make it Terry. Two steel stages...It's gonna be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :50cal: