G29 in so cal? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G29 in so cal?

FLuXmr2spyder
06-01-2007, 01:41
to any of your knowledge ... does any range out here rent out the G29? i really want to try it out!!! and if i do like it ... is there any store over here that has it in stock for sale?

thanx everyone ... :thumbsup:

M4inCA
06-01-2007, 09:22
Have you contacted iron sights in oceanside?

www.iron-sights.com

I have shot the G29 before and it's a monster. The 10mm round in that short barrel makes for one hell-of-a kicker. I thought the 357SIG was bad until I shot the 29.

FLuXmr2spyder
06-01-2007, 11:28
have not called yet, figure ill try to shoot it first before i try to purchase it ... thanx

asgalindez
06-01-2007, 12:15
Iron Sights supposedly has every Glock available for range rental, but I've personally never been there.

I've never seen a G29 in any gunshop or range I've been to. G20s for range rental and in display cases - yes. When I bought my G29, it had to be sent from a distributor. Took 5 days to arrive at the shop, then 10 day cooling-off BS.

Best bet would be to shoot a G20 to see if you like/can handle the 10mm round, and see if a G30 (same size as G29) feels comfortable in your hands.

FLuXmr2spyder
06-01-2007, 12:22
yea ive shot a G20 before and found it a tad too big ... and yes the SUB-C glocks tend to fit me much better ... but i know there will be more felt recoil on the G29 as compared to the G30 ... that is why i want to try it first ... so i will be paying iron sights a visit sometime next week ... its only about 50miles from my house

show us some pics of your G29 ... thanx :thumbsup:

oh btw: does ironsights take trade-ins? and do they give good value if they do?

asgalindez
06-02-2007, 11:17
I'm pretty sure Iron Sights would take trade-ins. Most gunshops around here do.

The recoil isn't bad, at least to me. It wasn't bad when I kept it stock at first. I've switched to a Wolff uncaptured steel guide rod and Wolff 21# recoil springs. It's supposedly tames the recoil a bit.

Here's a pic with Meprolight Adj. Night Sights I just put on. That front post is kinda tall.
http://members.cox.net/asgalindez/G29.jpg

FLuXmr2spyder
06-02-2007, 11:29
oh man im jealous, thats one sweet gun!!!

called iron-sight yesterday and they do NOT have a G29 in stock and rarely do they take trade ins ... as told to me by a lady who picked up the phone there

i actually had the chance to shoot it yesterday at the shooting fair side by side with a G36 ... and i want the G29 even more .... it was quite manageable for me

thanx again y'alls, if any of you run into a G29 at your local FFL new or used please let me know, i really dont want to order it from turners cus they are generally more expensive than most shops

:thumbsup: