Volunteer ad.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer ad..

mtncat
06-01-2007, 06:48
Saw this ad run on a newspaper web site and felt it was rather "strange" As a volunteer I'm not exactly sure that I care for the wording, not really sure why. What do you folks think of it??
The XXXXXXXX Volunteer Fire Department and EMS is looking for qualified individuals to join our quality team. We offer top rate equipment and benefits. No background check or drug test required just a valid NM Drivers License. Knowledge of Haz Mat a bonus. Concealed Carry Permit also a bonus. Will train on your schedule. Contact Fire Chief John XXXX

FireMarshal
06-02-2007, 16:22
Sounds like the Chief's desperate. Don't like it either, especially the no background and no drug test bit. Don't know why concealed permit would be a bonus? Lessin' he's forming a posse?

DScottHewitt
06-04-2007, 15:22
Originally posted by FireMarshal
Don't know why concealed permit would be a bonus? Lessin' he's forming a posse?

Guess it replaces the background check......

Scott

P.S. I can't carry in VA on calls, even with a CHP.....

Scott

DepChief
06-16-2007, 23:41
Originally posted by FireMarshal
Sounds like the Chief's desperate. Don't like it either, especially the no background and no drug test bit. Don't know why concealed permit would be a bonus? Lessin' he's forming a posse?

Yeah, the concealed carry permit caught my attention too! What kind of fires are they fighting out there? Does the department supply the IBG (Inside the Bunker Gear) holster?

Glkster19
06-17-2007, 18:48
Not really a fire dept. It's the NM militia. Carry permit for obvious reasons, EMT lic for when people return fire, fire training in case they bomb you first and haz mat for, well, you know.

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: