Armorer around the Auburn area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Armorer around the Auburn area?

1bigtaco
06-01-2007, 19:05
Im getting some Ameriglo's for my 19 and being a broke college student I don't want to shell out 100$+ for a sight pusher, so I need somewhere to get my sights put on. I'm sure Story's could do it, but I'm not a big fan of that place. Anywhere else in this general area to get them installed?

P.S Any you guys in the Auburn area know of a range besides the one at the Tuskeegee Ntl Forest?

mossy500camo
06-03-2007, 13:46
Hi! I use to know a guy from Valley AL that tinkered with the gunsmithing trade. I will have to ask around to find out where he ever got off to. Ill keep you posted.:thumbsup:

There is a 25 yard outdoor range in the Beauregard area. From AUburn AL. Take I85 North to exit 60, turn left on to Hwy 51 and drive about 4-5 miles until you reach a 4 way stop, at the 4 way continue straight on Hwy 51, drive about another 3-4 miles until you see Beauregard school, Slow down..., ok just past the school you will see a Dollar General and a few eat joints, take a left right there at the Dollar General (But keep it slow), as you turn at the dollar General you will see a fireworks stand and another eating joint, take the road that goes between them I think that it is CR41, ok... drive another 3-4 miles until you reach a small church on the left side of the road. SLOW up there, Just past the church is a 'Gravel' road with a small sign that simply says "range" follow that road until it deadends and you are there. If you cant find it. Ask anyone in the area and they will point you in the right direction. When you get there you will see two ranges. One for the AUburn PD and then theres the 25yd range. Just call the number posted on the shack and the owners will meet you there. $2 per person for an hour, 50cent large targets, and hearing protection. Have Fun!

mossy500camo
06-05-2007, 21:08
Damn! After all that typing. Not even a Thank You?:shocked:

glocked_n_loade
06-06-2007, 20:55
well... then i'll say it... thank you

mossy500camo
06-06-2007, 22:51
Originally posted by glocked_n_loade
well... then i'll say it... thank you

You are so welcome sir.:supergrin:

1bigtaco
06-06-2007, 23:14
Thank you very much! My email notification hasnt been working. I will definetly have to check that range out. Thanks!:thumbsup:

GSD17
06-07-2007, 22:21
If you are ever up towards Anniston area, let me know. I am a Certified GLOCK Armorer.

1bigtaco
06-07-2007, 22:37
Originally posted by GSD17
If you are ever up towards Anniston area, let me know. I am a Certified GLOCK Armorer.

If I can't find anyone local I might have to make that drive!

hankfan79
06-08-2007, 10:51
Honestly, you do not need a "Certified" Glock armorer to install these sights. Heck, you dont even need a sight pusher. All you need is a brass hammer and a drift. Simply dift the old one out and drift the new one in. As long as you have a steady surface for the weapon, this should be no problem. I have done this while shooting at the range. Takes minutes!

As far as places to go shooting. There is a club in Shorter, AL. I am sue you know where that is being located in Auburn. It's south on I-65. I know alot of shooter that go there including some that I compete with.

http://www.centralalabamagunclub.org/

GSD17
06-16-2007, 07:20
I agree, you don't need an Armorer. Some folks just would rather have an armorer do it.

As for the "Certified" thing... I don't say it to sound all important, or to drum up business... I could really care less to charge to do anything for anyone, other than getting the parts paid for.

I just say it because there are other GLOCK Armorer's courses to take, that aren't actually certified by GLOCK.

Just clarifying which Armorer's course I took.

mossy500camo
06-21-2007, 11:50
well... The guy from Valley Al has moved to somewhere in your area Lee co. Sorry I dont know of anyone else other than "shadetree" doityourselfers.

ps
Have you had the time to visit the gun range in Buearegard?

1bigtaco
06-21-2007, 13:50
Originally posted by mossy500camo
well... The guy from Valley Al has moved to somewhere in your area Lee co. Sorry I dont know of anyone else other than "shadetree" doityourselfers.

ps
Have you had the time to visit the gun range in Buearegard?

I have not visited that range yet, but I plan on it soon!

45BOY
06-27-2007, 09:35
I can point you in the right direction if you want to drive 40 min to Montgomery. Maybe Tallassee also. Shoot me an email.