OD GASTON
06-01-2007, 22:20
Originally posted by Mark9Fogger
Only if you're a California LEO.

SAD!!!!

M4inCA
06-08-2007, 19:11
There was a 21SF just sold on calguns.net

So, it is possible to get them here even if you're not a LEO.

BlindBoyJoe
06-09-2007, 01:16
Originally posted by M4inCA

Yeah but I think they drosed it as a regular Glock 21.....hmmmm. I have heard of a few FFL's getting confused by that.

Mark9Fogger
06-09-2007, 21:51

Hey, let's not spread misinfo on here. The 21SF is NOT on the CA DOJ certified roster list (http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/) which means that it cannot be sold or imported here, nor can it be owned by civilians in this state. So if there was a sale on calguns of a real 21SF from here, the seller had to have been an LEO and the buyer had to have been a CA LEO if it was sold to a CA resident (click here (http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/exemptpo.php) for the CA AG memo regarding exemption for CA LEOs).

M4inCA
06-09-2007, 23:39
What about the law on CA books that allows immediate family members (father to son, mother to daughter) to transfer ANY weapon as long as it's not a AW.

So, in effect, your father could buy you a G21SF and transfer (GIFT) it to you legally.

Nothing in the books that says you can't do that.

Or, what if you move here from another state and you already own a G21SF. It's not an assult weapon, so legally you should be able to keep.

Right?

Anyone want to pipe in on this one?

Please note the following:

Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice.

Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement.

New Resident Gun Owner Registration

Note: Nothing here about weapons on the list or not...

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ab991frm.pdf

Quiet
06-10-2007, 00:16
Legally the gift can't be across state lines.
So, if the parent lived out of CA, they can not legally gift the handgun to their child living in CA. The gift would have to go through a FFL and since it's not on the approved list, the FFL won't do the transfer.

Yes. Someone moving into CA can legally bring with them any non-listed handgun (as long as it's not an assault weapon). Once they relocate into CA, they have up to 60 days to register those handguns with CA DOJ. They can also legally sell any of the non-listed handguns via PPT.

As stated before, a LEO can buy any non-listed handgun (as long as it's not an assault weapon). They can also legally sell that non-listed handgun to anyone else via PPT.

kpblade
06-10-2007, 00:52
Also, the current hi-cap mags (standard caps for the rest of the country)can't be transfered to the new owner. The new G21 magazines are shipping with the G21SF cut out, but I haven't heard of any new 10 round G21 mags shipping with the cut-out. If they don't, the new civi owner would be SOL trying to leagally shoot the weapon. There has been lots of discussion about how easy it is to modify older mags by milling/dremeling, but I haven't seen any actual pictures of one that has been.

Quiet
06-10-2007, 12:06
never mind :tongueout:

Mark9Fogger
06-10-2007, 16:47
What about the law on CA books that allows immediate family members (father to son, mother to daughter) to transfer ANY weapon as long as it's not a AW.

So, in effect, your father could buy you a G21SF and transfer (GIFT) it to you legally.

Nothing in the books that says you can't do that.

Or, what if you move here from another state and you already own a G21SF. It's not an assult weapon, so legally you should be able to keep.

Right?

Anyone want to pipe in on this one?

New Resident Gun Owner Registration

Note: Nothing here about weapons on the list or not...

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ab991frm.pdf
Again, a CA civilian cannot own a 21SF. If you do a PPT, obviously the party transfering the gun would have to own the gun.

I got an idea, M4. Why don't you call the CA AG firearms director, R Rossi, and tell him your interpretation of the firearm laws. Let us know if you are right or wrong, please.

Quiet
06-10-2007, 17:30
Again, a CA civilian cannot own a 21SF. If you do a PPT, obviously the party transfering the gun would have to own the gun.

Currently, there are a couple ways a civilian can legally own a Glock Model 21SF in CA.

Method #1 Option #1
A person from another state that owns a Glock Model 21SF moves to CA and becomes a resident of CA. The person now has up to 60 days to register the Glock Model 21SF with CA DOJ. That person (civilian) now legally owns a Glock Model 21SF in CA.

Method #1 Option #2
A person from another state that owns a Glock Model 21SF moves to CA and becomes a resident of CA. Once establishing residency in CA, that person now sells it to another resdient of CA via PPT. That person (civilian) that just bought the handgun via PPT from the person who just moved to CA, now legally owns a Glock Model 21SF in CA.

Method #2
A LEO buys a Glock Model 21SF. The LEO decides he/she no longer wants the Glock Model 21SF and sells it to a civilian via PPT. That civilian who just bought the handgun from the LEO via PPT, now legally owns a Glock Model 21SF in CA.

vega
06-10-2007, 22:41

I got an idea, M4. Why don't you call the CA AG firearms director, R Rossi, and tell him your interpretation of the firearm laws. Let us know if you are right or wrong, please.
I believe M4 is asking questions not interpreting the law, he is just not fond of using question mark when a sentence starts with "What". :)

And yes a CA civilian CAN own a G21SF. Maybe you ought to call CA DOJ and ask something about the law and perhaps you can enlighten us, that was a great idea you mentioned.

ETA - Yes a CA civilian can "legally" own a G21SF as Quiet mentioned.

M4inCA
06-11-2007, 08:35

Know what dude, it's cool. I was asking questions, not trying to be johnny-law know it all.

When the next 21SF comes up for sale, I'll try and jump on it. If I get it, cool, if not, cool too...

:upeyes:

Mark9Fogger
06-12-2007, 00:38
:wavey:

M4inCA
06-12-2007, 08:56
Not to bring up old crap, but there may be a legal loophole from which us californians can actually get Glock to import the 21SF.

Now, I am NO expert in either the manufacturing process of a glock, nor am I a lawyer. So, with that said...

Isn't the 21SF just a modified version of the 21? Cosmetic wise? Meaning didn't they just modify the grip and light rail? The magazine, barrel and firing assembly remained the same right?

If so... wouldn't this apply?

This is CA Law - PC 12131.5

(a) A firearm shall be deemed to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 12131 if another firearm made by the same manufacturer is already listed and the unlisted firearm differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the following features:
(1) Finish, including, but not limited to, bluing, chrome-plating, oiling, or engraving.
(2) The material from which the grips are made.
(3) The shape or texture of the grips, so long as the difference in grip shape or texture does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(4) Any other purely cosmetic feature that does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(b) Any manufacturer seeking to have a firearm listed under this section shall provide to the Department of Justice all of the following:
(1) The model designation of the listed firearm.
(2) The model designation of each firearm that the manufacturer seeks to have listed under this section.
(3) A statement, under oath, that each unlisted firearm for which listing is sought differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the ways identified in subdivision (a) and is in all other respects identical to the listed firearm.
(c) The department may, in its discretion and at any time, require a manufacturer to provide to the department any model for which listing is sought under this section, to determine whether the model complies with the requirements of this section.

BlindBoyJoe
06-12-2007, 10:09
Not to bring up old crap, but there may be a legal loophole from which us californians can actually get Glock to import the 21SF.

Now, I am NO expert in either the manufacturing process of a glock, nor am I a lawyer. So, with that said...

Isn't the 21SF just a modified version of the 21? Cosmetic wise? Meaning didn't they just modify the grip and light rail? The magazine, barrel and firing assembly remained the same right?

If so... wouldn't this apply?

This is CA Law - PC 12131.5

:notworthy:

vega
06-13-2007, 06:58
M4inCA - I asked CA DOJ about that before. I want a Stainless finish CZ75 that a member was selling here but it is not listed. I called DOJ and told them that the only difference is the finish but they said that if it's not on the list then it cannot sell in CA.

Great research though!

M4inCA
06-13-2007, 08:17
Vega - You should email them about the PC12131a(1)

(a) A firearm shall be deemed to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 12131 if another firearm made by the same manufacturer is already listed and the unlisted firearm differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the following features:
(1) Finish, including, but not limited to, bluing, chrome-plating, oiling, or engraving.

To me, it's pretty clear that just a different finish of the frame satisfy's this provision.

vega
06-13-2007, 18:44
Done.
Now starts the waiting game.

Quiet
06-14-2007, 13:21
Disregard any "loopholes" you are looking for regarding the Glock Model 21SF or about getting one via PPT.

CA DOJ just put the Glock Model 21SF on the approved list.
http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp

Now go out there and buy one! :banana:

BlindBoyJoe
06-14-2007, 13:36
WooooHoooo!!!!!!
:banana: :thumbsup: :banana: :thumbsup: :banana:

MOTHERGREEN
06-14-2007, 13:56
does this mean that if they come out with a g20sf it will be aproved for ca possibly? I have a g21 and I'm happy with it the way it is dunno if I'd switch it for the new g21sf, but I'd buy a g20sf if they made one.

BlindBoyJoe
06-14-2007, 13:58
Originally posted by MOTHERGREEN
does this mean that if they come out with a g20sf it will be aproved for ca possibly? I have a g21 and I'm happy with it the way it is dunno if I'd switch it for the new g21sf, but I'd buy a g20sf if they made one.

I am with you on the G20SF!!

vega
06-14-2007, 15:50
21 SF / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4.6" .45 ACP 6/14/2008

They just updated today.

Mark9Fogger
06-14-2007, 23:57
Just got the news, but as I can see here, I am the last to find out. Congrats!

missinghood
07-09-2007, 00:43
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=725593

M4inCA
07-09-2007, 09:39
You are wrong.

scootergmc
07-09-2007, 11:58
You are wrong.

No he's not. You got lucky.