IPDBrad(or anyone else).. Parking Ticket Question.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IPDBrad(or anyone else).. Parking Ticket Question..

IndyGunFreak
06-02-2007, 10:07
This morning I went out to my car, drove off, and was driving down Washington St. and noticed my windshield was dirty, so I hit the button to clean it, and when my windshield wipers started, I saw something fly off the passenger side of my windshield. When I went back home about 20min later, I noticed nobody else had anything on their windshield, which means it very likely wasn't some sort of flyer. Only thing I can figure, is it was a parking ticket for being to close to a hydrant (although I was about 15-20ft off of it). If the ticket has merit or not, at this point is irrelevant, as I don't even know if it was a ticket.

If I got a ticket, I'll just take it in the rear and pay it, and go on with my life. I certainly don't want to not pay it and have some sort of traffic warrant put out on me(probably extreme, but I generally try to stay on the right side of the bars)...

So.. Who would I call, to find out if it was a ticket, and if it was, go about paying it?

Thanks

IGF

IPDBrad
06-02-2007, 11:09
327-4307, Ordinance Violations Bureau, explain to them your predicament.

IndyGunFreak
06-02-2007, 15:17
Originally posted by IPDBrad
327-4307, Ordinance Violations Bureau, explain to them your predicament.

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

IGF

fire1035
06-06-2007, 07:17
And let us know if it was a ticket or not....... troublemaker. :tongueout:

FThorn
06-06-2007, 07:29
I am on a cul-de-sac with a mailbox and fire hydrant taking up the street in front of my house. I pretty much can't legally park my car near my house that way. But, it ends up I have to sometimes. I would hope I'd get a break for that predicament. Don't know what I will do when the kids start driving.

epsylum
06-06-2007, 09:03
Originally posted by FThorn
I am on a cul-de-sac with a mailbox and fire hydrant taking up the street in front of my house. I pretty much can't legally park my car near my house that way. But, it ends up I have to sometimes. I would hope I'd get a break for that predicament. Don't know what I will do when the kids start driving.

Roll your windows down so they can run a hose through it just in case. :supergrin:

fire1035
06-06-2007, 13:57
Originally posted by epsylum
Roll your windows down so they can run a hose through it just in case. :supergrin:

Stop trying to take all our fun away. :banana:

If you're that far from a hydrant it shouldn't be an issue. Are your curbs painted yellow around them? So long as you are not parked on the yellow that shouldn't be the issue either.

HoosierShooter
06-07-2007, 08:01
Originally posted by epsylum

What? FD will take care of that for him, there will be a mess to clean up after, but... :)

R. Emmelman
06-07-2007, 11:56
Originally posted by meandmyPT111
What? FD will take care of that for him, there will be a mess to clean up after, but... :)
Or they will just push him out of the way.... with the rig.

fire1035
06-07-2007, 12:37
Originally posted by R. Emmelman
Or they will just push him out of the way.... with the rig.

Not us. Chrome bumpers are expensive. :supergrin:

FThorn
06-07-2007, 12:56
Station 53 is within sight of me.

Hey, question. Those guys always put strobes on and (stop traffic) back into their lot. Yet, at GT Souths on 65th(?) I there was a firetruck (not paramedic truck) parked there and they did a very tight U turn when called while lunching. So, I KNOW the turning radius is tight. So, why can't Station 53 guys just pull in front first and U turn in their own lot (bigger than GT's lot) and save the passing traffic an extra bottle neck for a minute? I know, I know,....it's not THAT much of trouble for US, but it seems odd they don't just do it to save themselves some time, too. Unless they are checking out their lights all the way around before they ...well they can do this OFF STREET TOO... so, I dunno. Shrug.

fire1035
06-07-2007, 14:10
Because we get yelled at for turning around on the apron. I know, it happened yesterday. For some reason that is one of our chief's pet peeves, even though it is safer for us and the public to pull straight in and do a U turn. Who knows. Bunch of shlubs running that department anyway. Wish they would just pass the merger so we can have more than 2 guys responding on an engine.

p.s. I am the Lt on the engine at 51's over in Wanamaker.

FThorn
06-07-2007, 14:29
I was really impressed with how tight a radius the one engine did in that parking lot. Seemed to defy physics.

Thanks for the reply. It's always bugged me when I see it, just from a common sense perspective.

fire1035
06-07-2007, 14:37
No worries. I got yelled at yesterday for having my engineer pull in and turn instead of tying up traffic and making one of my guys get out in traffic to back us. What can you do though. What chief says goes.