Patch Swap? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Patch Swap?

emt1581
06-02-2007, 11:39
My cousin is a FF in FL. He has swapped patches various squads all over the country. However, he came to my hometown and the CITY FD refused to swap with him.

Anyone ever heard of this happening? I plan on just asking my capt. to get me one for him, but still, I find it sort of odd/rude that they refused.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Pa Glock guy
06-02-2007, 18:01
Does the city that you mentioned begin with the letter B by chance?

FireMarshal
06-03-2007, 06:29
Our agency doesn't give out patches anymore. Since 9-11, we've kept better track of our uniforms and inventory. There were concerns of miscreants trying to get uniforms.

That may be the reason.

FirNaTine
06-03-2007, 07:14
Originally posted by FireMarshal
Our agency doesn't give out patches anymore. Since 9-11, we've kept better track of our uniforms and inventory. There were concerns of miscreants trying to get uniforms.

That may be the reason.

Same here.

emt1581
06-03-2007, 17:57
Originally posted by Pa Glock guy
Does the city that you mentioned begin with the letter B by chance?

Initially I thought it was the city of B.

But it turns out what happened was that he went to NYC and they wouldn't swap there...made him pay $5+ for it...:upeyes:

So much for brother-hood.

-Emt1581

FirNaTine
06-03-2007, 19:26
Some of the more popular houses in NY make a LOT of money off of t-shirt and patch sales. Think Rescue 1 and such.

emt1581
06-03-2007, 20:19
Originally posted by FirNaTine
Some of the more popular houses in NY make a LOT of money off of t-shirt and patch sales. Think Rescue 1 and such.

I can see making money off citizens that want to wear the patch/logo...but c'mon, a fellow FF...looking to TRADE a single patch??!?!

Shame on them!...especially since there was no problem anywhere else trying to do it.

-Emt1581

DScottHewitt
06-04-2007, 15:21
Originally posted by FireMarshal

That may be the reason.

FBI memos were sent out, IIRC. Some nearby departments will only give a collector ONE patch if they use two on their uniforms.....

Scott

DScottHewitt
06-04-2007, 15:23
On a tangent, have we ever done it here? Swapped patches, I mean.....

Scott