Factory Pin Srtipe question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Factory Pin Srtipe question

Big Time
06-03-2007, 02:06
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to safely remove factory pinstripe or decals off a car that has a soft clearcoat?Without hurting the finish?Mainly want to remove the dealers name that looks like the same as pinstriping material.
Thanks a bunch,
Big Time

tehan2
06-03-2007, 08:54
the dealer name shouldn't be under the clearcoat (because the car comes painted and then the dealer adds their logo)

Usually they are stickers and will come off with a little heat from a hair dryer and patience. However if they are painted on, a good detailer can buff them right out, without damage to the clearcoat.

Hope that helps

NotAMonte86
06-03-2007, 10:14
Depends on the car make and stealership.

I had a Mazda that I bought new and the dealer's logo peeled right off with a fingernail.

cpw006
06-03-2007, 19:28
I worked at a dealership in the detail department and we always had people wanting to remove them. We used either a hairdryer and peeled them off. If that did not work then sometimes we would use a razorblade and soapy water. You have to be very careful doing it this way but it works very well if you have a steady hand. Then to get the glue off just use any name brand cleaner wax and you should be good to go.

Big Time
06-09-2007, 23:06
Thanks everybody,I used a hairdryer then cleaned up with zippo type lighter fluid,then wash/wax. Looks nice,like its supposed to.:thumbsup:

tacoprerunner
06-12-2007, 23:29
Originally posted by cpw006
I worked at a dealership in the detail department and we always had people wanting to remove them. We used either a hairdryer and peeled them off. If that did not work then sometimes we would use a razorblade and soapy water. You have to be very careful doing it this way but it works very well if you have a steady hand. Then to get the glue off just use any name brand cleaner wax and you should be good to go.

:agree: