Trijicon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon

Korey5640
06-03-2007, 16:22
I was shopping for some night sights for my Glock 22 and found something out I never knew before. Tijicon is a Michigan company, located in Wixom, MI. Its always good to pick up a product that has the same area code as you do :thumbsup:

Just figured I would mention that for those of you out there looking for any sights, scopes, etc...take a look at Trijicon. Its a quality product, with from what I hear is great customer support, and is a "hometown" company.

Phunahm
06-03-2007, 16:47
Yeh I thought that was cool too they are just down the road from me..I work in Wixom and that is the sights I use:thumbsup:

Hailstorm
06-03-2007, 16:51
My G17 has them. I lost a front site screw. I called them to buy one. They sent me two within 2 days at no cost. Nice company:thumbsup:

Korey5640
06-03-2007, 20:24
Yeah, I was choosing between Trijicon and Meprolight N/S and the $10 difference. I was going to go with Mepros but then they told me that Trijicon was made right in Wixom and had them in stock. The Mepros would have been a few days to get them in as they were out of stock. Made it an easy choice. I went with the local product for $10 more.

Criphunter44
06-05-2007, 19:37
Well that made my choice, I will definitely go with the "Made in Michigan" product!:banana:
I will be putting a pair on my G32 this week. :thumbsup:
Does anyone know who carries them on the eastside of Detroit?

Warhorse
06-06-2007, 04:39
My G23 came with the factory night sights. I understand that they were manufactured by Mepro, they worked very well for me, had nice big white rings around the exceptionaly bright tritium tubes. The front sight that was staked on, shot itself loose though, Glock paid shipping both ways, offered to restake front sight, or charge me $15.00 to install Trijicon brand night sights. I opted for the Trijicon sights because the front sight was mounted with the traditional [for Glolck] post and nut method.
The Trijicons are nice, but I think the the smaller tritium vials, and white rings, make it a little slower to pick up a good sight picture, vs. the larger vials, and rings of the Mepro brand night sights. Just my $.02 worth.

Korey5640
06-06-2007, 11:28
Originally posted by Criphunter44
Well that made my choice, I will definitely go with the "Made in Michigan" product!:banana:
I will be putting a pair on my G32 this week. :thumbsup:
Does anyone know who carries them on the eastside of Detroit?

Check on Trijicon's website, they list the stocking dealers.

aerod1
06-30-2007, 20:43
Well I am not from Michigan. I am from Texas. I have three Glocks and two out of the three have Trijicon night sights. I think they are a great product.
I was in the Michigan room because I have relatives in Kalamazoo.

Alogusz
07-02-2007, 09:35
Another Michigan based company:

http://www.eotech-inc.com/index2.php

phool
07-07-2007, 15:21
Not gonna lie, I'm a little surprised A2 let that last company move into their town. ... Unless it's more gun friendly than I'm assuming.

GlockPride
07-07-2007, 15:28
Trijicon service sucks! They are slow AND didn't do what I needed them to do. I have 2 g23's-one w/ mepros and one with trijicons. The trijicons are about three yrs old and very weak. I took them to my regular gun shop( a trijicon certified dealer) and he told me that they were significantly diminished. When I sent them back, a gentleman from Trijicon called me telling that they were not going to replace the vial b/c they were still within the 'chart'. Then took several weeks to send my slide back. I told him I was very unhappy with my $100 sights and that if he was not able to replace them then I was unable to spend my $ on their product.

WarpSpeed
07-10-2007, 20:50
As much as I'd like to support the Michigan based business, I think Meprolights are a better product: easier to pickup during the day, brighter at night when both are new and they don't fade out after a year or so as the Trijicons I've had do.

NailShooter
07-16-2007, 07:23
I wonder if something has changed with recent production Trijicons? I have a set that dates back to about 1992 and they are still just as bright as a set on another Glock marked 2000. I can see the old ones across the bedroom in the dark when the gun sits on the dresser top. YMMV

Nail

TAC-GLOCK
07-26-2007, 17:26
Another Michigan company, Mag-Na-Port, Harrison, Michigan. :thumbsup:

Criphunter44
07-26-2007, 19:15
+100 on Magna-port great company.

StockGlock23
07-29-2007, 00:44
Originally posted by TAC-GLOCK
Another Michigan company, Mag-Na-Port, Harrison, Michigan. :thumbsup:

Harrison, MI? as in 12 miles North of Clare?

MR. TWISTER
07-29-2007, 08:19
Harrison township not Harrrison MI for Magnaport.
Brandon

StockGlock23
07-29-2007, 10:17
Originally posted by MR. TWISTER
Harrison township not Harrrison MI for Magnaport.
Brandon

Gotcha, I was disgusted with myself after living in Harrison for 2 years and thinking I never knew they were there.