Visitied PA over the weekend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Visitied PA over the weekend

Pyzik
06-03-2007, 19:42
Had a little vacation time built up so I took a trip over. Stayed in Breezewood and visited Philadelphia. Went to the Mutter Museum, that was pretty cool. Went to the Liberty Bell and all that. Was told to go to "Jim's Steaks" for some Philly Cheese Steak Subs. They were probably the best I've ever had.
Michigan and Pennsylvania have reciprocity so I had my S&W on my side nearly the whole time.
You all have a beautiful country side.
Over all had a good experience.
Just thought I'd share my 1st experience with your wonderful state.

tat2guy
06-04-2007, 10:08
Rock. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Man, I love Jim's......

J.Kill
06-08-2007, 21:45
Glad you enjoyed yourself! there are some cool things to do around Pa. Just for future reference it's just "Cheesesteak" drop the Philly and sub part:supergrin:

Delta-9
06-09-2007, 14:37
Originally posted by J.Kill
Glad you enjoyed yourself! there are some cool things to do around Pa. Just for future reference it's just "Cheesesteak" drop the Philly and sub part:supergrin:

No doubt... being from the general PA area.. "Philly Cheese Steak Subs" seems coerced

paccw
06-10-2007, 06:37
Glad to see you didn't get shot at in our new murder capitol.

slewfoot
06-11-2007, 16:42
Now you gotta come back and try a hoagie:thumbsup:

J.Kill
06-12-2007, 22:39
Originally posted by slewfoot
Now you gotta come back and try a hoagie:thumbsup: Come to Norristown and get a Zep at Eve's or Pudge's!

flyingn
06-29-2007, 10:19
Steves steaks and Jacks hoagies are the very best in Philly. Come on back and thy those IN Philly. The burbs have no clue how to do either:)

kswiss2783
06-29-2007, 18:43
Gotta come to Pittsburgh and eat at Primanti's! It will put those cheesecrap sandwiches from Philly to shame!!!! :tongueout:

flyingn
06-29-2007, 19:36
been there, done that. They are good but not a cheesesteak. Is Donzis still on the waterfront on the strip?? I was there years ago and still remmeber it.. wild time

Originally posted by kswiss2783
Gotta come to Pittsburgh and eat at Primanti's! It will put those cheesecrap sandwiches from Philly to shame!!!! :tongueout:

paccw
06-30-2007, 18:44
Originally posted by flyingn
Steves steaks and Jacks hoagies are the very best in Philly. Come on back and thy those IN Philly. The burbs have no clue how to do either:)

You really must get out more.

EVE's should be sued for making me gain 12 pounds over the last 2 years.My work truck just seems to drive itself there.

Pudge's makes a mean steak.They have a place in Trappe also ,Pudge's II ?

FixedSights
07-02-2007, 19:29
Originally posted by paccw

EVE's should be sued for making me gain 12 pounds over the last 2 years.My work truck just seems to drive itself there.

The place in Trappe is Joe's II, I think. The two Pudge's are in Blue Bell and Audobon. Eve's is okay but I always have to ask for them to lighten up on the onions -- "zep" must be Norristown-speak for "onion sandwich".

Jim's is decent, Pat's is good, and Geno's is okay... but Abner's is the best IMO. :banana:

Glad you went to the Mutter -- a lot of people who live in this area don't even know where it is. If you're into medical freaks, it's a cool place to check out. ;)

J.Kill
07-03-2007, 22:04
The best thing about going to Pudge's II is it's 50 yds from In-site firearms and Nonna Rosa's Pizza is only 50 feet from In-site. I always tell my wife I want to order from Nonna's. I'll go pick it up so I can have a little browsing time while I wait for my food!:)

J.Kill
07-03-2007, 22:06
Originally posted by paccw

Just to let you know Eve's is going to be closed down for a couple month's cause they're moving to the new place they're putting up on Johnson highway.

9mmMike
07-11-2007, 13:41
Originally posted by J.Kill
Come to Norristown and get a Zep at Eve's or Pudge's!

If Eve's ever opens again. :(

9mmMike
07-11-2007, 13:42
Originally posted by Pyzik
Had a little vacation time built up so I took a trip over. Stayed in Breezewood and visited Philadelphia. Went to the Mutter Museum, that was pretty cool. Went to the Liberty Bell and all that. Was told to go to "Jim's Steaks" for some Philly Cheese Steak Subs. They were probably the best I've ever had.
Michigan and Pennsylvania have reciprocity so I had my S&W on my side nearly the whole time.
You all have a beautiful country side.
Over all had a good experience.
Just thought I'd share my 1st experience with your wonderful state.

You went to the Liberty Bell while carring? The last time I heard, they had detectors there.

ERASER
07-30-2007, 15:43
Originally posted by 9mmMike
You went to the Liberty Bell while carring? The last time I heard, they had detectors there.

I believe that the Liberty Bell site is run by the Feds (Park Rangers), so I kinda doubt that a CCW permit would be honored.

Glad to hear you made it through ok.