Newest M1911 Phil Manufacturer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Newest M1911 Phil Manufacturer

deenoh
06-04-2007, 04:43
Manufactured by Metro Arms Corporation and will be locally distributed by Weapons Systems Corporation (WSC)

Firestorm Deluxe

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/9100nyIuX/1042869.jpg
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/9100nyIuX/1042870.jpg
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/9100nyIuX/1042871.jpg

Please visit the WSC booth during the July 12-16 gun show to see and feel the pistols for yourselves. Official launching of the Firestorm will be on the morning of July 12, Megatrade Hall 1 during the show.

Specs for the Firestorm Deluxe:
Caliber: .45
Overall Weight: 36oz.
5 1/8" Barrel Length
Combat Hammer
Combat Trigger
Beavertail Grip Safety
Novak Style Rear Sights
Front and Rear Serrations
Checkered wood grips

Thanks to ppts for the studio quality photos.

darwin25
06-04-2007, 04:56
Uy Official na.. HAhahahaha.. I bet WSC would give better service than Armscor. 100% Support ako bro. I'll translate that support to business.

jimbullet
06-04-2007, 04:57
Overall it looks really good. Metroarms is local? How much is it retailing for?

deenoh
06-04-2007, 05:03
Yes Darwin, it's now official! :) With just a little over a month to go before the launch date, we've decided to announce our new product.

Firestorm is locally manufacturer and is also for export to the US. Price will be finalized soon.

darwin25
06-04-2007, 05:14
Akin yung very first sa serial number ha. Or at least one of the first 10 guns.

theTactician
06-04-2007, 05:39
looks good. parang ed brown "special forces" 1911. hanep. :)

JuDGe
06-04-2007, 07:06
Congrats!.... wala bang demo unit sa wsc range? :thumbsup:

saki1611
06-04-2007, 07:12
deenoh and the wsc, congratulations! i'll be looking forward to have one, pag-ipunan ko!

slewfoot
06-04-2007, 07:21
WOW another imported 1911 clone. Just what we need.

Catchy name too. I can just hear the District Attorney saying to the jury. "The defendant felt the need to use a weapon named Fire Storm on this poor innocent, underprivileged member of the minority.

atmarcella
06-04-2007, 08:45
deen,

forged or cast?

deenoh
06-04-2007, 09:13
Casted frame

horge
06-04-2007, 09:20
Very nice, Dino!

Isn't there already a US brand FireStorm SGS?
That brandname's owned by the Sodini family of NJ, USA.
http://www.firestorm-sgs.com
IIRC, they used to import Llama (Fabrinor) 1911's as SKD kits
and rollmark 'em 'FireStorm', until Llama went tango unicorn.
They still do the same rebranding trick with Bersa pistol kits.

Is this local MetroArms now going to supply Firestorm SGS
with 1911 kits? Are they going to go after KBI's (Charles Daly)
now-terminal manufacturing contract with Armscor?

That would be a great development!

deenoh
06-04-2007, 09:33
As always Horge, you are the guru when it comes to the behind the scenes info regarding the firearms industry.

The Sodini's have given us permission to use the Firestorm brand locally. You are also correct that they used to import Llama and marked them as Firestorm. After the difficulties of Fabrinor happened, George who is a good friend of my uncle asked if we're interested in producing 1911 pistols. Of course we were and almost two years later, here we are. Metro Arms will be supplying SGS their new Firestorms.

horge
06-04-2007, 10:36
Hi again, Dino,

I was saddened when the elder George S. passed away last year. :sad:
I'm a bit more familiar with some of the younger generation, though.
A few years ago I used to trade correpondences with Mike Sodini,
before he got uber busy, e-tailing gun parts/accesories.

I'm with one of the previous posters, regarding your new 1911:
I highly doubt you'd associate your name with a junker....
and if you solidly bundle that gun with ironclad, local (Philippine)
customer support --even of a modest sort, as long as it's ironclad--
you will make a pile of money while building a loyal customer base.

I take it the slide's machined from 4140 barstock (extruded or rolled?).
I'll definitely check out this new 1911 at the upcoming AFAD show.
Got estimated retail prices? Will you actually sell 'em at the show,
or just "launch" them?

h.

Mang Danny
06-04-2007, 11:37
Congratulations on your new product! Is it 100% compatible with standard 1911? If I recall correctly, the Firestorm and Llama 1911 style pistols sold here in California a few years back were not true 1911 compatible. Most noticeable was the grips, the mainspring housing pin was a screw, there was a firing pin block (not series 80), and others.

Sana you can find a way to sell in California. Again congratulations!

deenoh
06-04-2007, 18:30
Good question Horge and Mang Danny.

Horge: Yes, the slide is machined from 4140 barstock. We'll be launching and selling during the show. The launching will be in the morning of July 12 after the ribbon cutting. We'll also be selling the Firestorms during the show.

Mang Danny: Unlike the Llamas before, these pistols are 100% compatible with standard 1911s.

choi_tan2000
06-04-2007, 18:57
wowowee na

cant wait for the launching

congrats sir deenoh...

mga guys magdedealer ako nyan hehehe order na mga bro.

batangueno
06-04-2007, 19:27
Congrats deenoh. I'm sure it will be a hot seller at the gunshow. :thumbsup:

paltik45
06-04-2007, 19:50
Hey sir Dino, does it come in different sizes? Officer, comander? Where did you get your frames,slides and barrel? Thanks

PS. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

dinggaling
06-04-2007, 20:33
Originally posted by paltik45
Hey sir Dino, does it come in different sizes? Officer, comander? Where did you get your frames,slides and barrel? Thanks

PS. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

maganda partner, pwede and very tempting talaga subukan! are you selling also other 1911 parts? again mabuhay WSC for promoting Filipino first products comparable w/ the worlds best! :thumbsup:

ding l

ppts799
06-04-2007, 22:20
dino : mas angat ang "fire storm" name sa isa pang set of pics, yung may konting shadow.

try mo lang :)

i like the design of the trigger and the front serrations :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

boholglock
06-04-2007, 22:20
Congrats Dino!

s0nny_g17
06-04-2007, 22:54
meron ba hi-cap?

prices na sir dino!!

horge
06-05-2007, 00:43
Bosing Pio,

Set Dino's Firestorm 1911 on a bed of large-chunk charcoal
with a lit orange bulb concealed underneath the briquettes
to simulate ember-glow.

*Click*

For added effect, break out the naphtha and
set the Firestorm 1911 itself on fire!
:banana: :supergrin: :rofl: ;)

ahtsay
06-05-2007, 00:49
Dino Congrats! Looks great!:thumbsup:

rex_valerian
06-05-2007, 01:05
Congratulations, and BOGs discount agad sir :D.

Pls let us know the pricing once available.

ppts799
06-05-2007, 01:13
Originally posted by horge
Bosing Pio,

Set Dino's Firestorm 1911 on a bed of large-chunk charcoal
with a lit orange bulb concealed underneath the briquettes
to simulate ember-glow.

*Click*

For added effect, break out the naphtha and
set the Firestorm 1911 itself on fire!
:banana: :supergrin: :rofl: ;)

very interesting idea! i like it!

kaso dino wanted all white pang brochure. next time, if he wants to play around with the concept, we can do that . . . i think. i need a lot of lighter fluid. HAHAHA!

wingz
06-05-2007, 01:36
Congrats deenoh and WSC!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mikol
06-05-2007, 01:43
Originally posted by ppts799

kaso dino wanted all white pang brochure. next time, if he wants to play around with the concept, we can do that . . . i think. i need a lot of lighter fluid. HAHAHA!
bosing pio hope you don't mind, inadajust ko kunti ang pix noong firestorm ni bosing deenoh.:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/milchad/FireStorm-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/milchad/FireStorm-1.jpg
pinalutang ko lang ng kunti yung details bye adjusting the hue/saturation, then brightness & contrast tapus sharpen ng kunti.:supergrin:

bertud ng putik
06-05-2007, 02:17
maganda yung woodgrip nya! may available pa kaya nyang grip na yan?

mikol
06-05-2007, 02:37
Originally posted by bertud ng putik
maganda yung woodgrip nya! may available pa kaya nyang grip na yan?
try mo pm si melbu baka meron siya ganyan na wood grip. :)

deenoh
06-05-2007, 02:58

Pio, I like Horge's idea also. Maybe we can do that for some of the marketing collaterals. Pwede pang poster yun.

mikol
06-05-2007, 03:06
Originally posted by deenoh
Pio, I like Horge's idea also. Maybe we can do that for some of the marketing collaterals. Pwede pang poster yun.
if it's ok with you bro, i can also help with your poster design. :)
email mo lang sakin mga quality pix na kuha ni pio & any swathces or templates para ma design ko sa photoshop dito.:supergrin:

ppts799
06-05-2007, 03:26
dino : if you really want serious marketing merchandising, get a girl in a bikini and lets rent a studio. i dont want to offend anyone, but i think the relity of it is that the girl-gun pose attracts your target market :)

peace!

Vault Keeper
06-05-2007, 03:57
dino : if you really want serious marketing merchandising, get a girl in a bikini and lets rent a studio. i dont want to offend anyone, but i think the relity of it is that the girl-gun pose attracts your target market :)

peace!

Congratulations Dino...I'm sure this .45 will go a long, long way.....!

Boss Pio, ok idea mo ha:thumbsup: . Hope I can join that shoot...kasi everytime you guys set up something, my wife always manage to schedule something! Hmmmm...I wonder if she's a memebr of this group now:worried:

Love you honey....:iloveyou: :innocent:

ppts799
06-05-2007, 04:14
Originally posted by Vault Keeper

Love you honey....:iloveyou: :innocent:
:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HEAVY
06-05-2007, 05:04
sir dino,

nice gun! i' m sure it will be of excellent quality.

if i may make a suggestion, how about an officer's-sized 9mm?

i'd buy one for sure!

nrmcolt
06-05-2007, 06:40
Congrats WSC and Deenoh sa bagong biz venture.:thumbsup:

Kaiser Soze
06-05-2007, 09:43
Sir Deenoh, hopefully you can show a video at the gun show, and maybe include a range report in the brochure!

theTactician
06-05-2007, 12:27
Sir, question lang po, is this the same "firestorm 1911" from SGS Importers International from ashbury park, in new jersey?:) thanks

Eye Cutter
06-05-2007, 17:10
deenoh: i know this will entail a change in the manufacturing process but you need to rise above the rest of the 1911 crowd. something that will make it unique and stand out from the others. here are some of my observations with most 1911's being sold here.

majority have novak style sights. you can try offering a different style rear para lang maiba. how about a heinie slant pro copy? Boy Tolentino makes a very good rear sight design.

you can also offer adjustable rear sights as well and sell aftermarket fiber optic front sights for custom fitting

offer a model with built in rails. kayo mauuna nyan locally for a production pistol if im not mistaken.

design your own rear and front serrations and improve the graphics on the slide. the govt. dlx model makes it distracting cosmetically. how about a smaller firestorm graphic on the right side?

and when you're ready for more advertising photos, contact mo kami ha? sama kami sa shoot. heavy is in the advertising business, baka makatulong sa campaign.

hope this helps!

chowchow
06-05-2007, 19:58
Tataluhinin ang Springfield Armory 1911s nito. When is this gonna be available ss States and who is the importer?

boholglock
06-05-2007, 20:18
What made the Armscor-STI Spartan a phenomenal "hit" is it's good review and acceptance into the M1911 community both locally and internationally. Actually, it was more popular abroad. (Filipinos are harder to please.)

If you can duplicate that by letting some of our "experts" make their unbiased evaluation/review, that'll bring up the demand.

The M1911 market is flooded, you need something different/unique to stand out or stay afloat.

I always believe in the Filipino craftmanship.
Congratulations and more power!!!

Pepe308
06-05-2007, 22:11
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
offer a model with built in rails. kayo mauuna nyan locally for a production pistol if im not mistaken.
+1. :thumbsup:

deenoh
06-06-2007, 01:04
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
Sir Deenoh, hopefully you can show a video at the gun show, and maybe include a range report in the brochure!

We'll try to have a short video presentation that will show the factory and how the firearms are produced (hopefully we have enough time to do that)

As for everyone's suggestions, thank you for your input and I will forward it to our engineers and designers. Who knows, maybe in a couple of months you'll see your suggestions on the new pistol models.

deenoh
06-06-2007, 01:07
Originally posted by theTactician
Sir, question lang po, is this the same "firestorm 1911" from SGS Importers International from ashbury park, in new jersey?:) thanks

Tactician and Chowchow,

Our pistols will be imported by SGS of New Jersey. Also, these pistols are completely different from the old Firestorms that are already in the States. Different manufacturers na.

Pepe308
06-07-2007, 07:07
Thought of asking the admin. of 1911.org to have another subforum for firestorm since it has a different manufacturer?

3kings
06-07-2007, 10:28
there are lots of photographer wannabees here. just say the word at lahat kami magphoto ops dyan.

chowchow
06-07-2007, 11:45
Originally posted by deenoh
Tactician and Chowchow,

Our pistols will be imported by SGS of New Jersey. Also, these pistols are completely different from the old Firestorms that are already in the States. Different manufacturers na.

Im sure this will be a nice competitor sa mga big names ng 1911. People are practical nowadays, more so as they want a milspec design with few improvemnets . 1911 is almost a 100 yr old design and going strong.

vega
06-08-2007, 07:08
Originally posted by Mang Danny
Sana you can find a way to sell in California. Again congratulations!
We'll never see that day. To be able to sell here in CA, Firestorm should have a mag safety release and loaded chamber indicator.

isuzu
06-08-2007, 08:47
That's a very nice pistol, Deenoh. Are you thinking of getting an importer for Canada? I bet that pistol would be a hit there. There's not much gunsmiths there and the gunsmithing there is very expensive and the wait times long.

BTW, I was planning on dropping by at your store when I arrived, but there just wasn't enough time in between flights. Our flight from Vancouver to Manila was delayed.

choi_tan2000
06-13-2007, 22:55
sir deenoh

ok yan aabangan namin hahaha

akala ko sasabihin mu na bka magulat kami me BOG logo na dun hehehe

as i said when we last talked eh exited talaga ako sa launching and more exited to market this unit..

good luck bro and more power

sama ko sa photo ops ha tapos model kmi kahit pang personal consumption lang papagawa ako ng lifesize poster na hawak ko yung firestorm diba ididisplay ko sa shop ko .

rhino465
06-14-2007, 08:57
The gun looks really good. If it's 100% reliable from the box and shoots as good as it looks, it will be a winner in the market.

Questions:

1. What will be the approximate price point when it hits the shelves in American gun stores? Taurus has got a very solid entry below $500 (actual prices, not MSRP), so I hope you guys can sell your new gun at or below that price and still turn a decent profit.

2. Assuming the .45 is a success, will a 9mm version follow?

3. Is there a reason why you didn't choose to undercut the frame at the trigger guard? That would have been a very good feature.

st. matthew
06-14-2007, 22:29
@Deenoh, may .40 cal ba?:)

bob d' kid
12-09-2008, 00:55
hi to you guys...this is my first time in here... anyway, just wanna show off my new toy! hehehe...got it about a week ago...it has a "firestorm contender" rollmark, the same gun with that of american classic II produced by metroarms phils...got this for about $467 (in hard chromed)... just wanna know guys your comments regarding this gun since i haven't have the chance yet to bring it to the range...
tnx much in advance...

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/bobcase_2008/mojo5.jpg
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/bobcase_2008/mojo7.jpg
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/bobcase_2008/mojo6.jpg

adenine
12-09-2008, 17:55
deenoh: i know this will entail a change in the manufacturing process but you need to rise above the rest of the 1911 crowd. something that will make it unique and stand out from the others. here are some of my observations with most 1911's being sold here.

majority have novak style sights. you can try offering a different style rear para lang maiba. how about a heinie slant pro copy? Boy Tolentino makes a very good rear sight design.

you can also offer adjustable rear sights as well and sell aftermarket fiber optic front sights for custom fitting

design your own rear and front serrations and improve the graphics on the slide. the govt. dlx model makes it distracting cosmetically. how about a smaller firestorm graphic on the right side?

and when you're ready for more advertising photos, contact mo kami ha? sama kami sa shoot. heavy is in the advertising business, baka makatulong sa campaign.

hope this helps!

I agree with sir Eye Cutter! Congratulations sir deenoh!

Btw hope you recieved my pm regarding my inquiry.. Thanks! More power to your new venture. Very much worth pag-ipunan next year!

chowchow
12-09-2008, 18:29
ganda tingnan lalo na opisyal ka sa PNP as sidearm.

ahtsay
12-09-2008, 22:44
Do you guys realize that this thread is more than a year old right? :)

mikey177
12-09-2008, 23:19
^ Perhaps its resurrection is timely so that Metro Arms can give us a preview of their 2009 lineup.

adenine
12-10-2008, 22:37
Do you guys realize that this thread is more than a year old right? :)

Wow! tama ka nga sir ahtsay! Didnt realize that!:faint::rofl:Nway, tama c sir mikey177.

darwin25
12-10-2008, 23:22
hi to you guys...this is my first time in here... anyway, just wanna show off my new toy! hehehe...got it about a week ago...it has a "firestorm contender" rollmark, the same gun with that of american classic II produced by metroarms phils...got this for about $467 (in hard chromed)... just wanna know guys your comments regarding this gun since i haven't have the chance yet to bring it to the range...
tnx much in advance...

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/bobcase_2008/mojo5.jpg
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/bobcase_2008/mojo7.jpg
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/bobcase_2008/mojo6.jpg

HMMM. You might want to blur you personal identification and serial numbers of your firearms. Someone unscrupolous (hindi ko alam tamang speeling ng word) might pick up on that info and use it illegally