OT - 4th of July Celebrations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT - 4th of July Celebrations

R. Emmelman
06-04-2007, 04:56
Any small towns in central IN have good old fashoned 4th of July celebrations? You know, a parade with the local VFW guys and the town fire engine. Band in the town square playing Suosa marches. Ice cream vendors. :patriot:

IPDBrad
06-04-2007, 07:48
Heck yeah. The Peterson Press, sorry, the Indy Star usually puts out a thorough listing of July 4th celebrations the weekend before July 4th.

I would look at towns like Tipton, Noblesville, Brownsburg for the old fashioned entertainment.

arbitrary
06-04-2007, 17:55
Lebanon has really good parades. Anderson has a midnight parade if you want to start early. Story goes that some veterans were sitting around a bar early July 4th, decided Anderson needed a parade, and proceeded to have one. Started a tradition.

Ignition
06-05-2007, 08:37
midnight parade in anderson is always a treat. i do miss it so.

Hooba
06-06-2007, 10:59
Tipton usually has a good fireworks show. I don't know about a parade though...

Fireworks should start around 10pm at the Fairgrounds on the south side of town. :thumbsup:

Patrick Graham
06-08-2007, 14:47
+1 on the Tipton fireworks... awesome... just make sure you park far way from the loud speakers, they like to play country music from WWKI at 800 bizallion DB through them during the show... earning the town the nickname of "Tiptucky"

Hooba
06-08-2007, 17:13
Originally posted by Patrick Graham
+1 on the Tipton fireworks... awesome... just make sure you park far way from the loud speakers, they like to play country music from WWKI at 800 bizallion DB through them during the show... earning the town the nickname of "Tiptucky"
Hey now.....that station is out of Kokeeeemoooooo!!! :animlol:

BTW, I live in Tipton County! :wavey:

Park on the east end of the Fairgounds, the doctor's park on Fairgrounds road, or the Tipton High School parking lot!

Patrick Graham
06-08-2007, 22:23
Originally posted by Hooba
Hey now.....that station is out of Kokeeeemoooooo!!! :animlol:

BTW, I live in Tipton County! :wavey:

Park on the east end of the Fairgounds, the doctor's park on Fairgrounds road, or the Tipton High School parking lot!

:wavey: Hello from omokoK

R. Emmelman
06-09-2007, 07:37
Originally posted by Hooba
... snip ... Tipton High School parking lot! http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowno.gif