Possible IDPA in Bowling Green [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Possible IDPA in Bowling Green

Gary G23
06-04-2007, 06:33
I am seriously considering starting an IDPA sanctioned club in Bowling Green at the Green River Gun Club.
The plan is to shoot on the fourth Saturday of each month and have a rifle side match also.
Would anyone be interested? Comments? Suggestions? Questions?
http://www.bggrgc.com

Bren
06-04-2007, 11:58
I would be willing to travel to Bowling Green to shoot once in a while, since I have family members in the area.

TreehugginGlock
06-04-2007, 16:28
I might be up for it too.

bamafaninky
06-05-2007, 11:20
I'm in Glasgow. I'd love to be able to see what a competion is like. I really think I would enjoy it. I saw that they have some type of matches on Sunday, but that interfers with church, and you have to have your priorities straight. Saturday sounds great. PM me if you decide to do it.

HiCountryCowboy
06-07-2007, 12:23
I'd be up for it and could round up 3 or 4 more.

Gary G23
06-07-2007, 19:55
Thanks for the responses. The club is considering adding five shooting bays. If this happens we should be good to go. I won't put on a match unless I can do at least five stages. My plan is to be operational for the 2008 season. I'll keep you all informed.

borntoglock
06-08-2007, 18:18
i'm in from louisville or nashville.

Kentuckian
06-25-2007, 00:27
Is the Green River Gun Club doing anything to justify the increase in the membership fee to $100 per year?

Gary G23
06-25-2007, 06:35
Originally posted by Kentuckian
Is the Green River Gun Club doing anything to justify the increase in the membership fee to $100 per year?

I had nothing to do with that but I'll tell you what I know about the situation. Their idea was to raise dues to be able to buy the property we use (we are currently leasing) so that we won't be evicted somewhere down the road.

That is a real concern with most shooting ranges anymore. I belong to Music City Tactical Shooters IDPA club also, and we are currently on our fourth range, now in Adairville KY (started out in Nashville). Urban sprall and political correctness have forced a lot of ranges out of business. I saw this problem when I lived in Illinois also. Caseyville Rifle and Pistol Club was bought out by a developer. They figured they would have enough money to build a nice range elsewhere but found out they couldn't. As far as I know they never did get a new range operational.

GRGC found out that when they raised their dues they lost about half of their membership. No surprise to me. However, I don't think $100 a year is a lot to pay considering you get a key to the property.

They are also planning on selling some of the timber to finance the purchase. Those of us that shoot IDPA and USPSA are pushing to get the new shooting bays built which will bring additional monthly income to the club once we get our monthly matches going.

So the big picture is to have a nice range that will be around for a long time.

Kentuckian
06-25-2007, 15:11
Had they not jacked up the fees quite so high, I would have stayed a member.

$100 a year made Knob Creek seem much more attractive though, and that's where I wound up taking my dollars.

Gary G23
12-30-2007, 08:13
2008 dates will be:
March 22
April 26
May 24
June 28
September 27
October 25

Check the website in March for final details:
www.bggrgc.com/

TreehugginGlock
12-30-2007, 10:48
2008 dates will be:
March 22
April 26
May 24
June 28
September 27
October 25

Check the website in March for final details:
www.bggrgc.com/I'll put you on my calendar and hopefully I'll be able to make a few.

Bren
12-30-2007, 20:31
Had they not jacked up the fees quite so high, I would have stayed a member.

$100 a year made Knob Creek seem much more attractive though, and that's where I wound up taking my dollars.
You quit the club because they charge $8.33 a month? Most indoor ranges charge that much or more per HOUR.

domzilla9
12-31-2007, 10:00
Bring on the Ballet!