Southwest Colorado where/when to shoot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Colorado where/when to shoot

Falconeer
06-04-2007, 15:19
Greetings folks!
I'm new to southwest Colorado (Pagosa Springs; an hour east of Durango) and am wondering if there are any get togethers in the area. My wife and I recently relocated from central Florida and I'd like to see what kind of shooting community is around.

Regards,
John E.
Sig P220C SAO

PS: I'm contemplating my first Glock purchase; a G30 or G36 at this point. A chance to shoot one would be most appreciated! :)

bloodhound
06-12-2007, 14:14
I'm in Montrose...We have a very active IPSC group that shoots once a month, and an IDPA group that shoots in Grand Junction on the 1st Saturday of the month.

I don't know about the groups in the Durango area...Cortez has an active gun club.

PM me if you want info for Montrose area.

Welcome to Western Colorado
Scott

Falconeer
06-12-2007, 15:55
Originally posted by bloodhound
I'm in Montrose...We have a very active IPSC group that shoots once a month, and an IDPA group that shoots in Grand Junction on the 1st Saturday of the month.

I don't know about the groups in the Durango area...Cortez has an active gun club.

PM me if you want info for Montrose area.

Welcome to Western Colorado
Scott

Thanks kindly for the info! I could see making an occasional trip to Cortez, but at two hours away it's too far to join.

Please PM the Montrose info; perhaps I could come up and see the IPSC shoot some time (never shot IPSC or IDPA).

John E.

bloodhound
06-13-2007, 14:23
I'll get hold of the club director, and get the info to you. Good luck, hope to see you at a match.

Falconeer
06-13-2007, 21:06
Originally posted by bloodhound
I'll get hold of the club director, and get the info to you. Good luck, hope to see you at a match.

Coolness, thanks much!

John E.