Purse caddys/hooks (whatever you call them) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Purse caddys/hooks (whatever you call them)

c-mama
06-05-2007, 07:26
I had been surfing wikipedia and came across Rose McGowan's page there. They had said that she and a friend started a company selling these purse hooks that you place on a table and can hang your purse from to keep it off the ground.

Here's their site - http://www.pinkenmint.com/home.asp

http://www.pinkenmint.com/around.asp

But those are $85 each :shocked:. I did some googling and found some ranging from $5 each to $60 each. Has anyone here heard of these or tried them? Seems like a great idea to keep those bags off the floor.

sweetatergal
06-05-2007, 09:39
Can't say that I've heard of them. But from the looks of them, I don't think I'd pay much more that $10 for one. Just my honest opinion. :)

Lesatvv
06-05-2007, 09:42
I haven't seen one used either. But, I understand the point. People look at me crazy when I take a paper napkin and put in on the floor before I set my purse down. Oh, and Rachel and I spray all of our bags with Scotchgard before we ever use them. hehehe

Rebecca

kcb
06-05-2007, 09:53
That's a GREAT idea! I love restaurants that have them on the table already!

But to ALWAYS have one with you, would be great!

I'll keep my eyes open, next time I'm allowed to go to the Mall!

:rofl:

:hugs:

Let us know if you do find it somewhere!

:thumbsup:

c-mama
06-05-2007, 10:45
I'm wondering how easy it is to make. ;) :supergrin:

Probably not something I can crochet. :sad: :rofl:

sweetatergal
06-05-2007, 10:50
Originally posted by c-mama
I'm wondering how easy it is to make. ;) :supergrin:

Probably not something I can crochet. :sad: :rofl:

See, that's what I was wondering. It can't be THAT hard to make and the mark up.......WOW!!!!!!

No, I don't think one can be crochet. If so, would really need some HEAVY startching. :tongueout:

:wavey:

c-mama
06-05-2007, 11:03
:rofl:

I need to get my hands on one that's not so much money and see what I would need to to to make one.

This site sells 3 for $7.50. I'd really like to see it work.

http://www.favorideas.com/shopping/prod/LV4593.htm

sweetatergal
06-05-2007, 11:19
Originally posted by c-mama
[BThis site sells 3 for $7.50. I'd really like to see it work. [/B]

Now that's more like it. :supergrin:

SouthernGal
06-05-2007, 12:06
Originally posted by Lesatvv
I haven't seen one used either. But, I understand the point. People look at me crazy when I take a paper napkin and put in on the floor before I set my purse down. Oh, and Rachel and I spray all of our bags with Scotchgard before we ever use them. hehehe

Rebecca

Admit it, you're just thinking about all the yucky bacteria that is clinging to the underside of your $250 bag, right?

:supergrin:

Lesatvv
06-05-2007, 14:19
How'd ya know Rach? hehe:supergrin:

kcb
06-05-2007, 14:31
I'd need one that could normally hold something pretty heavy.

I DO try to keep as little in my purse as possible because I'm not suppose to carry anything very heavy ever. But I don't think I could survive everyday with a tiny purse! (I do have some, but they are for semi-formal, dressy, to formal occasions!)

I bought the BEST purse/bag...called a Shoulder bag in the Mountains during Spring Break! I just love it and it doesn't put any strain on my neck or shoulders. Everyone I meet wants one like it!

Now...I need a Purse caddy!

:hugs:

Hauptmann6
06-05-2007, 15:55
Those look pretty easy to make. The part that goes on the table looks almost like a canning ring. Put something heavy in the center of it and put a rubber backing on the bottom.

A hole drilled in the side for the hook with an clip in a hollow part of the center would keep it in place.

9 gauge wire or rod would be thick enough to hold a pretty heavy purse. Adonized aluminium should work as well. The only thing would be doing the bends and keeping them bent. But that could be done by annealing the the metal before bending then heat treating it back to hardness then putting the finish on it. But for cheapies you could probably get away with a cold bend as long as the finish could handle it.

The thing that would take time is adjusting the hook so it balances correctly and holds the base in place. That would just take some tinkering with to fix it.

The money comes with decoration. But as a guy that's WAY outside my area of knowledge.

<-- running away from WI

c-mama
06-05-2007, 18:49
Hmmm. Do I want to put the work into it or just lay down some $ for those who have already done the work. :rofl:

Mrs. VR
06-06-2007, 05:38
it'd have to be lightweight and fold up pretty small for me to want one. My purse is already heavy ENOUGH, and i dont really want to be hauling an extra handful of something into a restaraunt with me. I try never to put my purse on the floor anyway, usually the back of a chair works (if it isnt so heavy it pulls the chair down :animlol: ) and I keep purell with me at all time anyway. Lemme know what you end up doing, Deb!

c-mama
06-06-2007, 07:17
I look at the "cheaper ones" and I wonder if they'd hold the weight of most of my purses...

When I decided which way to go, I'll let you know.

I found another site, but the ones I would want - the design I'd like - run $19.95.

http://www.flosaccessories.com/purse-hanger/products.php

We'll see...

sweetatergal
06-06-2007, 08:30
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
it'd have to be lightweight and fold up pretty small for me to want one. My purse is already heavy ENOUGH, and i dont really want to be hauling an extra handful of something into a restaraunt with me. I try never to put my purse on the floor anyway, usually the back of a chair works (if it isnt so heavy it pulls the chair down :animlol: ) and I keep purell with me at all time anyway. Lemme know what you end up doing, Deb!

Oh Girl!!!! I use to be the same way!!! The bigger the purse the better. I carried everything except the kitchen sink in mine. Then it got to where my shoulder would hurt from all the weight. I FINALLY after several years have cut out BUNCHES of stuff that I use to carry around and have downsized to about a medium size purse. I still have the occasional shoulder pains though. :upeyes: I always hated having to find a place to put my BIG purse. Hard to "conceal".

Mrs. VR
06-06-2007, 08:35
I keep taking stuff out, and it keeps getting full again! It's like the magic never emptying purse! :rofl:

sweetatergal
06-06-2007, 08:40
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
I keep taking stuff out, and it keeps getting full again! It's like the magic never emptying purse! :rofl:

The BIG BLACK HOLE!!!!! :rofl:

:tongueout:

Mrs. VR
06-06-2007, 08:48
Originally posted by sweetatergal
The BIG BLACK HOLE!!!!! :rofl:

:tongueout: boy, you don't even know, sometimes even *I* am afraid to stick my hand in there. :rofl:

c-mama
06-07-2007, 08:34
Well, I just bought this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280122601760&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

I had looked through all her auctions and saw one I liked a little better, but it didn't say how much it held. This one I bought says 20lbs. So, I contacted the seller and she said the one I liked only held 5lbs. Well, that wouldn't work out for me, so I went with the 20lb one.

I'll let y'all know how it works out. I wonder how heavy my purse is when my LadySmith is inside. :headscratch:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h226/c-mama/Images/a49d_1.jpg

kcb
06-07-2007, 08:49
Originally posted by sweetatergal
Oh Girl!!!! I use to be the same way!!! The bigger the purse the better. I carried everything except the kitchen sink in mine. Then it got to where my shoulder would hurt from all the weight. I FINALLY after several years have cut out BUNCHES of stuff that I use to carry around and have downsized to about a medium size purse. I still have the occasional shoulder pains though. :upeyes: I always hated having to find a place to put my BIG purse. Hard to "conceal".

Me, too! In fact, when we were all "living" at the hospital when my dad was sick, the joke got to be if anyone needed anything, everyone said together, "Ask Karen!" 9 times out of 10, I had it, too! Scissors, nail file, hand wash, face wash, lotion. Then one day I found my sister's fanny pack and her book in my purse, and enough was enough.

My neck and shoulders were seriously bothering me, so I've been forced to "lighten the load" in my purse. It's very hard to do. BUT when my daughters started carrying their own stuff, it got a lot easier!

NOW, I have to keep it light! My husband will still scold me from time to time, if he happens to hold my purse as I get out of the car or anything like that.

It's not easy! How do men just use their pockets? Of course my older sister should teach me how to do it, and she should teach me how to pack. A WHOLE other topic there!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

c-mama
06-09-2007, 11:49
It came in the mail today. Wow, it works. :shocked:

I like it. The only drawback is that the "button" is covered with fabric that is unprotected.