Do laptops have system batteries? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do laptops have system batteries?

charlisity
06-05-2007, 09:37
I was given a dead HP Pavilion N5295 laptop yesterday. I got it working but its regular main battery is dead and it keeps losing bios settings when its unplugged. Do laptops have replaceable system batteries like the desktop 2032?

Its old, so I could simply leave it plugged in and call it good but if it has a replaceable battery, I'd rather just change it.

HerrGlock
06-05-2007, 10:11
Yes they do. Problem is a lot of them are soldered into the mother board.

If you take the case off, you'll see either the oversized button battery or one of the rectangle batteries. Rectangle would be better, they're just plugged in.

kimigirl
06-07-2007, 22:31
They usually have a CMOS battery. What you need to do is find out where it is. Some laptops you just have to remove a panle, some you have to remove the entire bottom. If they are using a little 3V button cell you should be able to replace it. If they are using one that is soldered in to the mother board, it can be replaced, but I wouldn't try it unless you feel competent with a soldering iron.

Washington,D.C.
06-07-2007, 22:50
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=59621&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us