The Heavy 2in1 Blaster Project [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Heavy 2in1 Blaster Project

HEAVY
06-05-2007, 18:41
pareho kami ni saki may 2in1 1911 project.

2 slides fitted to 1 frame.

mine is in 2 calibers though, .45 and 9mm.

the existing gun is .45 while the 2nd upper assembly will be in 9mm.

do you guys foresee a problem?

the initial difficulty i anticipate will be because of the difference in the barrels, the existing gun uses a non-ramped barrel, the 9mm barrels i see available are all ramped.

the cheaper move seems to be to "unramp" the 9mm barrel. (ramped .45 barrels being quite expensive.)

will that work? do you think there will be problems? will 9mm feed reliably on the "unramped" barrel?

any thoughts or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

thanks, brothers.

JuDGe
06-05-2007, 19:21
i am more interested on how one can register/license a second caliber on a single frame.... is it possible?

am also toying on a .45/.40 singlestack project :supergrin:

tigra
06-05-2007, 20:03
Originally posted by JuDGe
i am more interested on how one can register/license a second caliber on a single frame.... is it possible?

am also toying on a .45/.40 singlestack project :supergrin:

pards, sa D80 na lang para walang problema kahit paiba-iba ang lens:animlol: :rofl:

sorry HEAVY for the OT reply....inaasar ko lang si JuDGe:cheers:

JBJ16
06-05-2007, 20:05
Originally posted by HEAVY
pareho kami ni saki may 2in1 1911 project.

2 slides fitted to 1 frame.

mine is in 2 calibers though, .45 and 9mm.

the existing gun is .45 while the 2nd upper assembly will be in 9mm.

do you guys foresee a problem?

the initial difficulty i anticipate will be because of the difference in the barrels, the existing gun uses a non-ramped barrel, the 9mm barrels i see available are all ramped.

the cheaper move seems to be to "unramp" the 9mm barrel. (ramped .45 barrels being quite expensive.)

will that work? do you think there will be problems? will 9mm feed reliably on the "unramped" barrel?

any thoughts or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

thanks, brothers.

Heavy, in a 1911 frame & slide, major differences between the 2 calibers is the case rim size, which in turn will have different ejector locations on the frame (measured from the firing pin center line). So a 9mm slide may fit on a 45 frame set-up using the orig. ejector location, after extensive slide mods. of the 9mm slide's ejector track. It may not eject properly. OTOH, a 45 slide may be fit on a 9mm frame with the orig. ejector location, with min. mods. on the 45 slide (pero sigurado may awang pag tingnan mo sa rear side), may or may not eject reliably, and might be unsafe unloading a live 45 round, due to the proximity of the 9mm ejector to the 45 primer.:supergrin:

saki1611
06-05-2007, 21:36
i think another problem you might encounter aside from the ramped type barrel of the 9mm, though you can change also your barrel with ramped or fabricate it with your existing 45 barrel, is the extractor. extractors of 9mm and 45 have different dimension.

judge, 40 and 45 uubra in 2-in-1. i saw one, in para frame. 45 extractor can be used with 40.

boholglock
06-05-2007, 21:53
When you are into it, please share me your recipe... What parts did you use for your project gun, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Eye Cutter
06-05-2007, 23:29
the ejector can be left unpinned and replaced when changing calibers. but the major problem i see will be the ramped barrel of the 9mm. mas feasible pa ang .40 and 9mm/.38super conversion than .45/.40

ahtsay
06-05-2007, 23:53
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
the ejector can be left unpinned and replaced when changing calibers. but the major problem i see will be the ramped barrel of the 9mm. mas feasible pa ang .40 and 9mm/.38super conversion than .45/.40

Talaga Doc?? So pwede ko na convert standard gun ko into an open gun? :supergrin: completo na top end ko eh, frame nalang kulang. Kung pwede, e di tipid pa!:thumbsup:

HEAVY
06-06-2007, 00:14
hmmm....more complicated than i thought.

doc e.c., the ramp on the 9mm barrel can be milled off, right? para pareho na sila nung .45?

didn't count on the ejectors being different on on the 9mm and .45.

is there a solution?

JuDGe
06-06-2007, 00:36
Originally posted by ahtsay
Talaga Doc?? So pwede ko na convert standard gun ko into an open gun? :supergrin: completo na top end ko eh, frame nalang kulang. Kung pwede, e di tipid pa!:thumbsup:

puwede! :supergrin:

http://www.jppimports.com/uploads/customGuns/Crossover_250_03.jpg

ahtsay
06-06-2007, 01:18
Originally posted by JuDGe
puwede! :supergrin:

http://www.jppimports.com/uploads/customGuns/Crossover_250_03.jpg

Pwede ba C-More? Mahal Docter eh....chaka may C-More nako eh..hehehe!! Papano yan? May butas frame for the scope mount? Tapos can I use my STi mag tubes na 40 cal for 38S? Palitan ko spring and follower or are the 38S tubes a totally different dimension? :)

Heavy sorry pag nakikisingit ako sa thread mo ha, maganda kasi idea mo eh, na excite tuloy kami:supergrin:

JBJ16
06-06-2007, 04:44
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
the ejector can be left unpinned and replaced when changing calibers. . .

Hmmmmm...with those two little ejector legs unpinned and not force fit for easy replacement, would this be reliable? Got to try this out..... :upeyes:

mc_oliver
06-06-2007, 07:14
Bakit pa kayo nagtitiis sa 2 slide, one frame setup. Ang mura ng Armscor na 9mm, kuha na lang kayo ng complete unit. :supergrin:

Para din ya'ng D40 at multi lens setup. Tingnan nyo si Doc at Gundog, bumili na rin ng isa pang body na D80. :animlol: :tongueout:

Mahirap mag tono ng different uppers. One may work and the other won't. So kakalikutin mo. Maapektuhan na naman yung working setup.

Plus, if you have one na tight fit at yung isang medyo maluwang, pag mag wear down na yung tight, mas lalong luluwang sa kabila naman.

In the end, get two frames. One can never have too many guns anyway. :supergrin:

Eye Cutter
06-06-2007, 17:14
heavy: high pressure round ang 9mm, bad idea to mill the ramp.

ahtsay: tama si mco, kuha ka na lang ng ibang frame kung open gun gusto mo.

jbj16: the ejector is held in place by the slide, so it can't jump off the frame. i've seen several gunsmiths yank out the pins holding the ejector and said pwede naman wala yun pin.

mco: kumuha ka na ng battery grip? hahaha! gastos na naman!!! wala na ko pambili ng bagong frame ko for standard!

darwin25
06-06-2007, 18:51
Do not mean to hi-jack this thread but I also have a 2-in-1 project. Still working on .38 Super conversion for my RIA 9mm. But Col. Bayang advised me that he can also do 3-in-1, 9mm and .38 Super on one upper and .40 Cal in another upper. I'm also interested on a .40 Cal setup.

Eye Cutter
06-06-2007, 19:00
yup! tama yan darwin! pwede mo kasi gamitin .40 slide for .38super and 9mm. si Mark gamit niya .40 caspioan slide for his .38 super open gun, no problems at all. very minimal naman difference, 0.02in

ang maganda dyan,lahat yan gumagamit ng ramped barrel. so isang frame, pwede na for 3

tapos yung mga .45cal magazines, pwedeng i-modify ni col. bayang to use .40cal ammo

darwin25
06-06-2007, 19:17
Cool. :)

Thanks Doc

HEAVY
06-06-2007, 20:42
Originally posted by mc_oliver
One can never have too many guns anyway. :supergrin:

good point. :)

JBJ16
06-06-2007, 22:05
Originally posted by mc_oliver

Mahirap mag tono ng different uppers. One may work and the other won't. So kakalikutin mo. Maapektuhan na naman yung working setup.

Plus, if you have one na tight fit at yung isang medyo maluwang, pag mag wear down na yung tight, mas lalong luluwang sa kabila naman.

Korek na korek! Any way pwede na kung pwede lahat ng scheme na yan. But if it was me, I'd definitely use these set-ups as purely range guns (pang laro)only. Never for my personal carry weapon. That's just me.;)

saki1611
06-06-2007, 23:02
i dont think there would be any problem, especially when it comes to the same caliber, from standard to short barreled. we already tried one, wala gagalawin sa frame it would be the slide and the barrel that needs the job to fit it into the frame. i'll post the picture when i get the chance to take it. there would be no problem when it comes to reliability kung yun orig slide nakakabit wala problema, wala din problema sa repalcements. defitintely wala probelema when for self defense use, my project will be for my service fa. mas mahirap nga kung sa laro mo gamitin, mdali mag-iba ng fitting dahil it will be in excessive use, and the only problem that may arise is the "alog" of frame and slide. when it comes to 45 and 40, as far as i know some gunsmith can use the ejector of 45 in 40, still nothing to do nor fix with the frame.

wingz
06-09-2007, 02:49
Originally posted by saki1611
i dont think there would be any problem, especially when it comes to the same caliber, from standard to short barreled. we already tried one, wala gagalawin sa frame it would be the slide and the barrel that needs the job to fit it into the frame. i'll post the picture when i get the chance to take it. there would be no problem when it comes to reliability kung yun orig slide nakakabit wala problema, wala din problema sa repalcements. defitintely wala probelema when for self defense use, my project will be for my service fa. mas mahirap nga kung sa laro mo gamitin, mdali mag-iba ng fitting dahil it will be in excessive use, and the only problem that may arise is the "alog" of frame and slide. when it comes to 45 and 40, as far as i know some gunsmith can use the ejector of 45 in 40, still nothing to do nor fix with the frame.

How about if its the other way around, from commander size barrel to standard size same caliber .45? Barrel and slide fitting din lang po ba ang kailangan Sir Saki, no need to alter any part of the frame? Thanks.

mikol
06-09-2007, 03:05
Originally posted by wingz
How about if its the other way around, from commander size barrel to standard size same caliber .45? Barrel and slide fitting din lang po ba ang kailangan Sir Saki, no need to alter any part of the frame? Thanks.
hi wingz,
if you'll be using the same brand like Armscor Commander to Armscor Govt. or SAM Commodore to SAM Elite no need na slide to frame fitting.

Opsss...di pala ako sure sa Armscor, but sa SAM swak kaagad yun.:)
balak ko rin gawing 2n1 yung SAM Commodore ko.
meron kasing upper kit yung SAM na cal .45 w/ V-10 porting which i think is only aroung 11k.
Baka sakali lang makabili sa sunod na uwi ko. ;) :supergrin:

saki1611
06-09-2007, 10:43

if you're frame is original commander, the dust cover is short for the standard slide, may litaw na recoil spring. yet pwede mo pa build-up yun dust cover to extend as the same size of standard 1911 frame, and my suggestion is make the dust cover tig-welled a thicker steel to add weight. your commander size wiil benefit from the added weight when it comes to muzzle flip. pero wala na rin galawin sa frame when it comes to fitting, all necessary adjustments would be in the slide and barrel.

wingz
06-11-2007, 20:59
Thanks Sir Saki, mine is a Norc Enhanced Commander and as you said the frame might be short for a a standard slide and barrel to fit in. Maybe i'll settle for a much compact slide and barrel- the officer model.

Sir mikol, thanks for the heads up.

mikol
06-11-2007, 23:31
Thanks Sir Saki, mine is a Norc Enhanced Commander and as you said the frame might be short for a a standard slide and barrel to fit in.

correct me if im wrong guys, govt. 5" barrel frame have the same frame size as to the 4.25" barrel commander.
but the 4" barrel commander frame is a bit shorter than to those of the 5" & 4.25" barrel frame size.

so wingz if your norc commander is the 4.25" barrel length, walang problema to get the govt model slide.
slide/barrel/frame nalang ang ipapayos mo para mag fit doon sa frame mo.

pero if it's the 4" barrel commander, magkakaroon talaga ng gap sa muzzle buttom ng slide at sa top edge ng frame.

mikol
06-11-2007, 23:37
Originally posted by saki1611
if you're frame is original commander, the dust cover is short for the standard slide, may litaw na recoil spring.

bosing sakii, di ba ang original na commander size have a barrel length of 4.25"?
so sa tingin ko bosing magkaparehas lang size ng frame noong 5" barrel govt model at 4.25" barrel commander model.(am i right?
:sad: )

saki1611
06-12-2007, 05:55
Originally posted by mikol
bosing sakii, di ba ang original na commander size have a barrel length of 4.25"?
so sa tingin ko bosing magkaparehas lang size ng frame noong 5" barrel govt model at 4.25" barrel commander model.(am i right?
:sad: )

the government and commander have the same size with the length of the grip, but different length size indust cover. follow this link:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/098289011343.html

just for a comparison with the orig commander and the picture i posted, and look at the dust cover.

royal glockster
06-12-2007, 07:28
You're right bro mikol, the frame used by typical government and commander models are the same in size.:thumbsup:

AFAIK, armscor commander (MS mid-size) and Officer (CS compact size) models differs from the conventional sizes. While the conventional commander model has 4.25 inches, armscor MS has 4.0 inches. The armscor Officer model (CS) has 3.0 inches while the conventional Officer has 3.25 inches. Thus, my RIA which is a conventional Officer slide has been cut to fit my armscor barrel (CS)..JMO.

Sakto ang armscor sa standard (government model) which is 5.0 inches. Other compact models...may sarili syang sukat..:supergrin: