Gma7 Ipo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gma7 Ipo

antediluvianist
06-05-2007, 20:28
GMA NETWORK INC. (P1.5B from IPO and P6B from PDRs)

- proceeds from IPO will be used for additional programming of its new QTV-11 UHF and its international channel.

- IPO price: P7 to P8.5 per share

- Offer period: July 17 to 24 2007

- Listing Date: N/A

- Lead Underwriter: ATR King ENG

Yeah, I agree : in the last 1-2 years practically all IPOs have turned out to be profitable. Only problem is we can't always get as much as we want.

3kings
06-05-2007, 21:00
how to get one?

how much minimum share?

Evan N. Payawal
06-06-2007, 23:25
Hi Ante, is it true that Cebu Pacific and Splash Corp are also planning IPO soon?

I second 3kings' question, how does one go about purchasing these shares?

3kings
06-06-2007, 23:40
need to invest my money quickly...

before the guys move on to a higher model camera:)

antediluvianist
06-07-2007, 00:11
Well, first you have to have an account with one of the many brokers in the Philippine Stock Exchange (if you are not now trading through some broker, best thing is ask one of your office mates who is with a broker, and become a customer of that broker. your office mate can introduce you to the broker.)

Then you ask the broker for an allocation of the upcoming IPOs. And yes, there will be a number of IPOs - there already have been many in the last one-and-a-half-yearsm (before that too but the market has been hot in the last 1-2 years). almost every single one of those IPOs has been profitable - all of the ones I bought into for sure. My usual style is to sell some pretty soon to be sure of profit, then sell the rest over time.

Well, foreigners have been fueling our stock market because the peso, and all peso-denominated asstes, have been increasing in value. Meanwhile, the dollar has been going down the drain.Sop foreigners earn from the appreciation of local stock prices, and also earn in foreign exchange since their peso holdings increase in value relative to dollars.

Well, the stock market is higher-risk-and-higher-return than T-bills etc., but T-bills earn just 3.5-4% or so,so phooey.

3kings
06-07-2007, 00:26
ante, its ok. high risk high yield investment programs is fine as long as you invest what wont hurt you when it falls.

i think stocks are safer to what hyip i have right now. have u heard of smfund.com? got a small amt invested and earning 2.6% daily. better to invest it than to get another camera. hehehee

win some lose some.

antediluvianist
06-07-2007, 03:25
"got a small amt invested and earning 2.6% daily"

Huh? 2.6% daily? Can't be.

antediluvianist
06-07-2007, 04:12
Originally posted by Evan N. Payawal
Hi Ante, is it true that Cebu Pacific and Splash Corp are also planning IPO soon?

I second 3kings' question, how does one go about purchasing these shares?

Cebu Pacific will do an IPO to raise funds for fleet expansion. Wants to increase its fleet from its present 14 planes to 30-44. A direct IPO from Cebu Pacific means the parent JGS will not have to come up with the cash all by itself.

By the way everybody, I meant this GMA7 IPO thread to be part of the "Philippine Stockmarket Fearless Forecasts" thread but I clicked the wrong button.

ahtsay
06-07-2007, 08:33
Originally posted by antediluvianist
"got a small amt invested and earning 2.6% daily"

Huh? 2.6% daily? Can't be.

Yup! I've heard of this....www.smfund.com

3kings, I'm planning to invest also...would you recommend it? I'm worried that they might just take my money and run..hehehe!!

antediluvianist
06-07-2007, 10:06
I don't believe in any fund promising 2.6% per DAY.

3kings
06-07-2007, 10:23
yeah sounds good to be true too.

again as i have said a lot of high yield programs require a lot of risk. invest what you think wont hurt you.

i have been in and out of such investment for around 4yrs some i win some i lost some.

i just shared this info. i dont want to influence anyone. its all up to the individual.

its how you play the game. i normally put in my investment during the first 3-6months of operation then once i get back my capital i just play with my returns thus minimizing my cash exposure.

everything is a risk. every thing is a gamble. just minimize you odds.

so play your cards carefully.

will try to post some info tom. antok na ako

antediluvianist
06-09-2007, 07:52
3kings, ahtsay, I have checked out the investment you posted above - smfund.com - with my investor friends.

I tell you now it is a known scam. Repeat - it is a scam.
At the very least, it is a Ponzi (pyramid) scam.

I advise you to take your money out imeediately, if you can.

ahtsay
06-09-2007, 08:21
Originally posted by antediluvianist
3kings, ahtsay, I have checked out the investment you posted above - smfund.com - with my investor friends.

I tell you now it is a known scam. Repeat - it is a scam.
At the very least, it is a Ponzi (pyramid) scam.

I advise you to take your money out imeediately, if you can.

ya, i'm guessing that it is a pyramid scam. :supergrin: Maybe I'll just stick to equities. Thanks for the warning Ante. BTW, if you want to go shooting, just PM me and I'll join you. :supergrin:

3kings
06-09-2007, 08:26
thanks for the heads up bro.

Valor1
06-09-2007, 09:04
There is another one - www.francswiss.us

My doctor has invested in it. Now two of my friends wanted me to join them. Now this one offers 4.5% per day! No wonder the three people I know joined this affiliate program.

antediluvianist
06-09-2007, 09:26
Yes that's another one. maybe I should throw in a list of them in this thread. There are a number, and more keep being created.

Basic principle - if they pay you x% interest, then they must be making much more than that to be able to pay you x% and still make a profit. How? What investments can give that much interest as a return? "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Pyramid schemes can go on for some time until no further victims come forward to give their money, and then they collapse.

Valor1
06-09-2007, 09:57
Agree with you on that wholeheartedly Sir Ante. I took a risk early last year with a company offering to pay me 4% per month on my P100k. The minimum holding period is six months. As each month passes by I hoped and prayed that it wouldn't be like a gamble. On the sixth month I got all of my money and vowed not to do that easily in the future. The company officers are my friends and I still felt uneasy.

antediluvianist
06-10-2007, 21:00
Here is a list of some of the recent scams :

francswiss
smfund
Multitel Investment Corp (not related to the stock)
G Cosmos Marketing
Kendeigh Foreign Exchange
Grand Post International
Mateo Investment Group

What happens is the EARLIER investors DO get their money back (and then they spread the word ), but the later investors don't, and eventually the pyramid scheme collapses, with those who run the scheme pocketing a lot of money..