Bart Peterson Replacement [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bart Peterson Replacement

dwh79
06-06-2007, 19:45
Anybody around Indy know who we should try and support to overthrought the Peterson Empire. I don't really know any of the candidates but I know that Peterson has to go. I believe that it will just be time untill Peterson further erodes the safety of the residents of Marion County. I didn't think in the not so distant past of feelig unsafe in my part of the county but under Peterson it has deffinetly had an increase in crime around my area. Now I carry and always have but my wife will not and that is fine for it is her choice and she works at a school so the communist laws that make gun free zones crime zones keep her from carrying. Anyways back to the point PETERSON MUST GO.

jmb79
06-07-2007, 04:52
FYI, it's "overthrow."

While I don't like the ban on legal carrying on school property, why is that particular wrinkle in our state's gun law "communist?"

R. Emmelman
06-07-2007, 05:10
Originally posted by jmb79
While I don't like the ban on legal carrying on school property, why is that particular wrinkle in our state's gun law "communist?" And... that is a state law, Peterson has nothing to do with it.

Ballard may not be the perfect canadate but up against Peterson he is a saint!

KSFreeman
06-07-2007, 05:46
Are you linking Peterson with a state law against carrying on school property?

What has Peterson done to increase crime? I.e., how is it his fault and not the fault of Indianapolis residents?

sjstill
06-07-2007, 06:05
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=711335

and follow the link in my sig. No, it's not ALL BP's fault, but he has played a major role in the effing up of Indy as we knew it.

Originally posted by KSFreeman
What has Peterson done to increase crime? I.e., how is it his fault and not the fault of Indianapolis residents?

4sarge
06-07-2007, 06:21

Freeman - You Jest - Right :animlol:

It is the FAULT of Indianapolis CRIMINAL Residents that BART PETERSON has made into a PROTECTED CLASS by the DEATH of IPD, Mismanagement of IMPD, Corruption, Pay Offs, his connections to the Ghetto Mafia etc. INDY & GARY have become sister cities under BP's tutelage or the lack of. Believe me, I couldn't say enough BAD Things about BP to even scratch the surface.

KSFreeman
06-07-2007, 06:21
So, the gripe is that the "ship of state" of Indianapolis is in chaos and Peterson is rearranging the deck chairs and ignoring the problems?

If so, then that is a legitimate complaint and can be addressed at the ballot box. However, the notion that a politician is responsible for crime is absurd.

4sarge
06-07-2007, 07:20
If so, then that is a legitimate complaint and can be addressed at the ballot box. However, the notion that a politician is responsible for crime is absurd.

In a perfect world that is the solution but Indy is undergoing the corruption that has ravaged Cook County under the Daley Regime. Fair and Impartial Elections are not conducted

I feel sorry for my Indy brethren :upeyes:

IPDBrad
06-07-2007, 07:22
So, the gripe is that the "ship of state" of Indianapolis is in chaos and Peterson is rearranging the deck chairs and ignoring the problems?

While I agree that Peterson is technically responsible for crime, at least none that he has been prosecuted for, ;)

He has definitely done much to foster a malise in the criminal justice community.

Just a few:
-His creation of the APC has solved jail overcrowding, but only by putting criminals back on the street faster while not increasing bed space, and criminals know this
-Has set law enforcement back 30 years with the IMPD merger by destroying proactive policing and adopting the Sheriffs 9-1-1 style of reactive policing
-Has focused on large scale projects in the downtown core, while ignoring the neighborhoods where crime is occuring most frequently, only occassionally declaring wars on abandoned houses, pit bulls etc. while no even following through on those
-Has done an excellent job in destroying the morale of the LE community
-Ran for Mayor for his first term on a platform of hiring 200 new officers and being tough on crime, then instituted a hiring freeze which saw numbers on IPD decline below approved manpower, and with pending retirements will see the department lose 100+ officers this year alone
-Has allowed, like many politicians before him, known illegal gambling operations to continue, even after they have been exposed by the media and police, some even attended by local politicians of the same party

His leadership is absent. He rules like a child, demanding his way and only his way, then getting mad if he doesn't receive what he wants.

R. Emmelman
06-07-2007, 11:52
-Ran for Mayor for his first term on a platform of hiring 200 new officers without raising taxs and being tough on crime, then instituted a hiring freeze which saw numbers on IPD decline below approved manpower, and with pending retirements will see the department lose 100+ officers this year alone

Fixed it for you.

KSFreeman
06-07-2007, 12:45
Fixing elections?

Who, what, when, where???

R. Emmelman
06-07-2007, 12:48
Fixing elections?

Who, what, when, where???

As a veteran of a congressional campaign I can attest to this.

11/7/06

:sad:

boby
06-08-2007, 18:03
Maybe IMPD should UNmerger. That would be interesting...

IPDBrad
06-09-2007, 01:27
Originally posted by boby
Maybe IMPD should UNmerger. That would be interesting...

A dream of many.

boby
06-09-2007, 02:12

dwh79
06-09-2007, 23:26
The part about guns on school property was just a complaint of mine not meant just for Peterson.I consider those type of laws communist because I do you don't have to agree. No Peterson can not cause specific crime no more than a gun can make you pull the trigger. I do believe that Peterson has done little to attempt to initiate rules or hire officers to help try and bring the crime levels down. The lack of doing something when he is supposed to be our leader in my opinion he should be held accountable for the increase or lack of significant decrease in the crime level.